2013 MoFo Fantasy Football - The Regular Season

Tools    

I can't believe it. You never see trades of this magnitude during the season. Trent Richardson's stock just shot through the roof! The Steelers should have traded for him.
This early in the season too. Im guessing the Browns have their eye set on a QB thatll be available in next years draft.

The Browns are so stupid. This is why they will always suck. Between stupid decisions like this and those god-awful helmets. I hope they never, ever, win a Superbowl. Just sayin'.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Holy crap, Trent Richardson just got traded to the Colts for their 1st round draft pick next year.
***** couldnt they have waited till after he ran roughsod over the vikes. Anyway, really positive bump obviously. While its a truism in Fantasy ball that predicting TD's is a roll of the dice, its also true it helps being on a team that provides many opportunities in the red zone on any given sunday.

Bradshaw likely gets the brunt of the work this week vs the 9ers id guess, but really hard to say. not like i can sit him i dont think.

I dunno if it's a good trade, but I know that a) running backs are increasingly expendable, and b) Richardson hasn't been particularly great since he came into the league. So time will tell.

Waffle time!

Swing slot dilemna between Knowshon Moreno vs the #1 rated run defense Oakland in Denver on MNF or Eddie Royal, Floyds out, playing at Tennessee. Titans pass D is so-so. The only reason I dont just start Royal over Moreno is because "they say" Royals still unproven, and will be exposed sunday. I got Moreno in there but am still unconvinced.

Sigh.

Oh I wasnt seeking advice, but just whining my plight. Not a bad plight to be in as plights go.

Really eager to see Andy Reids Chiefs Defense going up against Philadelphia tonight. Eagles are hot, and Chiefs have started equally strong. If one of the 2 are just streaking then it should be exposed tonight. I put my money on the Chiefs. Even dropped the Buccaneers for them.

The more I hear about this Richardson deal the more I'm convinced that Cleveland took it in the shorts. Incredibly lopsided deal. Cleveland is on the hook for almost the entire salary! And they may end up with a much later pick than they had when they got Trent. Just wow. Great example of how some franchises stay bottom dwellers forever, I guess.

Vick is turnen back the clock tonite.

Early pick. TD pass sandwiched between 2 scampers for 85 yards. and its the first Q.

not for the weak of heart..lol

The more I hear about this Richardson deal the more I'm convinced that Cleveland took it in the shorts. Incredibly lopsided deal. Cleveland is on the hook for almost the entire salary! And they may end up with a much later pick than they had when they got Trent. Just wow. Great example of how some franchises stay bottom dwellers forever, I guess.
There's no doubt that it's bad if you start the clock from just before they picked Richardson, but they had a different GM and management team then. So for the purposes of evaluating them, the question is whether or not it's a good deal now, with Richardson already under contract. And on that front, it's pretty hard to say (even though I have zero reason to say anything nice about the Browns). If you're interested, Bill Barnwell wrote a pretty good breakdown here.

The main thing here is that his numbers in the NFL are really mediocre so far (3.5 YPC), so it really depends on which you think is a better indicator: his pedigree coming into the league, or his performance in it to this point.

Dwayne Bowe ended up with one catch for 4 yards. They say the west coast offense that Andy Reid brought in is alien to him, and obviously he's not learning fast.

My gamble with the Chiefs Defense against Philly pays off huge, and I start the week with 22 points. Sah-Weet!

12 TD's and 1500 yards in 18 games isnt what i would call mediocre.

just sayen.
If you're measuring fantasy value, sure. But in real life the number of touches you need to produce those yards is hugely important, and who actually scores the TD isn't.

There's no doubt that it's bad if you start the clock from just before they picked Richardson, but they had a different GM and management team then. So for the purposes of evaluating them, the question is whether or not it's a good deal now, with Richardson already under contract. And on that front, it's pretty hard to say (even though I have zero reason to say anything nice about the Browns). If you're interested, Bill Barnwell wrote a pretty good breakdown here.

The main thing here is that his numbers in the NFL are really mediocre so far (3.5 YPC), so it really depends on which you think is a better indicator: his pedigree coming into the league, or his performance in it to this point.
Dude. C'mon. That article was huge! I'm not reading all of that. We're talking about the Cleveland Browns here. You can break it down any way from Sunday. This won't help them. Deep down you probably know that. And how can you say it's hard to judge the deal? The Colts only have to pay the guy about 6 million bucks? That was a huge coup, even if he's a total bust. Which, I sort of doubt he will be. He's going to an actual team now. Not the Browns.

You can always skim it.

Like I said, the Browns have a new management team. Do they suck, too? We don't know. But they don't suck just because the Browns hired them. The abstract notion of the Cleveland Browns does not curse people who are associated with it, so their history of terrible decisions has, at most, an indirect relationship to this one.

I think it's pretty clear that the deal is good for Indy and bad for Cleveland if Richardson is a good running back. If he's a mediocre or even a bad one, then he's a waste of touches and overpaid even based on that reduced salary. A lot of free agent running backs can gain 3.5 YPC. So it just comes down to how good you think he is, and the data's pretty mixed on that point.

Clearly, Richardson's career as a whole is a mistake, because by definition their either wasted a high pick on a mediocre player or traded away a talented player as if he were mediocre. On that timeline, it's a huge screw-up. But once you've already drafted him, the decision of whether or not to keep him is a different one entirely.

If you're measuring fantasy value, sure. But in real life the number of touches you need to produce those yards is hugely important, and who actually scores the TD isn't.
Real life isnt as important as Fantasy Football considerations though.