Comedy Central

Tools    

How many people here like to watch Comedy Central? What are your favorite shows? I like to watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Battlebots, and some of the stand-up comedians.

I don't usually watch it but I am hearing some good stuff about it on here, may turn it on some time.

The Daily Show is amazingly funny - Jon Stewart is simply the man. Battlebots is great, too. And of course the old Saturday Night Live re-runs are good, too.

But, it has some stinkers too: Absolutely Fabulous, Kids in the Hall and Bob & Margaret were all rather boring - I think the last one is off of the channel now.

Dont Forget Your Toothbrush is quite entertaining as well.

Didn't see it.
I like the Daily Show also. He is really funny.

Did anyone else see Jon Stewart on the Celebrity Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I watch Comedy Central non stop. Whenever I do watch tv its either Comedy Central, HBO, or fox for Simpsons, Seinfeld, and Friends reruns. Comedy Central has some of the most original shows ever. Strangers With Candy, Upright Citizens Brigade, and Don't Forget Your Toothbrush come to mind. But it does have its bad moments. Frank Leaves for the Orient, Bob and Margret, and Absouletely Fabulous. I love watching the old Saturday Night Live reruns. The Daily Show rules. It's hilarious. And Win Ben Steins money is, I think, the hardest game show on TV. And who could forget the Man Show. Its like Maxim has its own TV show.

Originally posted by Rodney
Did anyone else see Jon Stewart on the Celebrity Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
Yeah, a bit - he was pretty funny. The audience didn't seem to "get" him all that much though. The Pac-Man joke was good. He deserve more applause - ditto to Dana Carvey when he was on doing those great impersonations of his.

Actually, Peter, Don't Forget Your Toothbrush originated in England I believe - sad, isn't it?

Yea I know it originated in England, it just slipped my mind. Who Wants to be a Millionaire originated there also. And Survior came from Sweden.

Yea British television is horrible. I don't want to sound like a typical teenager, but how I could not live with only 4 channels! I've been to England some 13 times, and their TV is horrible. There is nothing good on ever. Also they feel free to display nudity on TV no matter what hour of day.

After all this time, South Park is just as funny to me. I love The Daily Show too. How do you guys like their election coverage? HAHA

Female assassin extraordinaire.
I was wondering why nobody mentioned South Park. Come on! That was the original reason to watch!!

Then, The Daily Show w/ John Steward, Win Ben Stein's Money, The Man Show, and i'm sorry to say, I liked Bob and Margaret. The Critic too. And hey, I grew up watching Kids in the Hall. They made me freaky at a very young age, and I will be eternally grateful.

______

unashamedly glad to be freaky.

I thought Mystery Science Theater 3000 was the original reason to watch Comedy Central.

I like South Park most of the time, but I don't go out of my way to watch it (and haven't since 1997 when it first came on).

I actually rented the South Park movie this past weekend, and I didn't actually care for it. It had some very funny moments, but overall, I didn't find it a worthy effort.

MST3K used to be on Comedy Central, though. When Comedy Central decided to not renew the show, Sci Fi picked it up.