Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Madness is the emergency exit…
She Who Must Burn (2015)

I've seen HOLY GHOST PEOPLE (2013) & Ti West's THE SACRAMENT (2013) but this is the best one yet that came out in recent times, concentrating on the horror of religious fanaticism.
The story goes like this..."Angela used to work at a local clinic that was shut down after its doctor was shot to death by an anti-abortion protester. Undeterred, Angela decides to run her counseling work at home where she provides basic services - something that puts her at odds with the rest of the anti-abortion protesters, mainly a group of religious fanatics who believes that she is performing abortions. They also believe that she's to blame for recent infant deaths (implied to be due to water pollution), which they see as a sign of God's disapproval. Things are made more tense when Angela helps the wife of the Pastor (the leader of the group) flee an abusive marriage."

It's set on a community that's blinded by religious dogma and slowly unfolds the evil & horror within. Pretty well made & acted with a few disturbing & eerie moments also...particularly found that scene of the birth of a stillborn & the way they buried the baby was quite shocking & one of the saddest moments in the movie. The role of the woman who played the mother of the stillborn and a hardcore religious fanatic - kinda felt like demonically possessed at times.
Overall, quite a dark & disturbing flick from Canada. Really liked it for its character driven, bold & straightforward approach as well as at the same time for its simplicity covering such topic.

Recommended.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I'm not sure what's unclear about that... ?
You can always shorten your user title by a few words, to prevent any further confusion.

That's interesting, if true. I don't really report posts, but, have seen a few evaporate.
There are some caveats built into the system, and myself and the mods are notified when it happens.

I'd like to add that it is not for reporting anything someone simply doesn't like. Only blatant abuses should be reported: clear examples of spam, highly vulgar posts, or clear harassment. Anything that someone isn't 100% sure the mods and I will want to remove should not be reported; instead, please PM one of us about it. Thanks.

I'd like to add that it is not for reporting anything someone simply doesn't like. Only blatant abuses should be reported: clear examples of spam, highly vulgar posts, or clear harassment. Anything that someone isn't 100% sure the mods and I will want to remove should not be reported; instead, please PM one of us about it. Thanks.
I haven't even located the report button. I don't expect to have a need for it, but, I do appreciate your efforts to patrol the area.

I agree with MV...

Because discussion is what forums are for.
... which is why I try to respond to almost every post that I'm aware of, which is aimed in my direction, regardless of how pointless a discussion it might lead to.

Bone Tomahawk (2015)

Well, after Citizen turned it off 15 minutes into the movie, I guess there is no point in waiting for his review. I was trying to hold off and not steal any of his thunder.

I liked the movie, both as a western and a mild horror. It stirred up those 4 star 1987 Predator emotions I remember so well. Good cast, good chats, pretty cool bad guys and a fairly original storyline. If you got 'em, hold on to your stones.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	stones.png
Views:	685
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	27603  

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I don't have a "forum persona," there is just me.
As someone who has spent a lot of time talking to her in private I can attest to this being the truth!

As someone who has spent a lot of time talking to her in private I can attest to this being the truth!
No harm, no foul.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Naked Lunch (1991)

I'm a fan of Cronenberg but this didn't do anything for me. Started off brightly but by the midway point had ran out of steam.

Sorry to hear it don't work for ya, I'm a bit of fan of it myself.

(MULTIPLE REWATCH) Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves
Been FAR TOO LONG since I last saw this and was very much in the mood when I saw it on Netflix.

Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice
I had a MILLION reasons to avoid watching this previously and went in with SERIOUS doubt of liking it; only to come out the other end thinking; "Hmm, that wasn't so bad,"
Still a number of things irked me but on the whole, I just may see this one again.
The reason for watching it? If this was to spawn a Justice League set of films I was curious to see if I should avoid them all together or take a chance. . .

Se7en (1995)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)

I think I'm going to watch this soon. When I saw it, I was real tired, and I always thought of the cut that Welles wanted - others who saw it said it was much better (much darker humor as well), but he was in Brazil helping the government and the studio edited it themselves. But if YOU like it, I'll give it another chance

Mildred Pierce (1945)

From the top 100 noirs list, but only the first 20 felt like a noir to me. During that beginning, we get the usual murder, an apparent frame job, and then a bit of a twist. The rest of the movie goes back in time to show us what led to the event and what would really happen. I liked this movie much more in retrospect, after seeing how it had played out. I thought it was a very well done and mature story with Joan Crawford headlining a terrific cast. The movie kept surprising me, not only with the storyline, but with who was or wasn't decent, and with character's motivations. Directed by Michael Curtiz.