Are there any movies you wanna see me review?

Tools    

I'm not getting the feedback I wanted from my reviews, so I think it's because I'm not reviewing the right ones. This isn't a plea for attention, just for feedback and suggestions. What do you want to see me review?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Hmmm How about The Skin I Live In, Cell 211, and The Battle of Algiers to start?

I need feedback, people. How do I know people are reading my reviews if no one else gives me feedback? And how am I supposed to write higher quality reviews if no one offers any advice?

I need feedback, people. How do I know people are reading my reviews if no one else gives me feedback? And how am I supposed to write higher quality reviews if no one offers any advice?
Where are your reviews?

In the review section of this site? Or on a thread?

EDIT: I see they are here:

https://www.movieforums.com/reviews/...KeyserCorleone

I'll have a read of some and let you know. In the meantime, try these for consideration:

'Blue Valentine'

'City of Life and Death'

'The Broken Circle Breakdown'

'Walkabout'

'Animal Kingdom''

'Raw'

Welcome to the human race...
I would've suggested covering new releases and classics, but I checked your thread and noticed you were already doing that.

My suggestion would be to post them into the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread as that's pretty high-traffic and will guarantee more people will see them. Better than hoping they'll make their way into the reviews section and decide to click on your thread ahead of the dozens of other review threads in there.

Yeah, and I just need to do a better job of promoting discoverability (or whatever UX people are calling it these days). It'll be part of a broader shift I'm in the middle of now, so stay tuned. In the meantime, you've gotten some good advice here.

Where are your reviews?

In the review section of this site? Or on a thread?

EDIT: I see they are here:

https://www.movieforums.com/reviews/...KeyserCorleone

I'll have a read of some and let you know. In the meantime, try these for consideration:

'Blue Valentine'

'City of Life and Death'

'The Broken Circle Breakdown'

'Walkabout'

'Animal Kingdom''

'Raw'

Thanks. I have a review thread called, "The Godfather and Other Cinematic Tales.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...d.php?&t=53625

Tbh, I've been away from the reviews stuff for a long time, even my own thread has quietened down considering when I first joined I was writing like, 4 per day or something stupid.

Had a look at the reviews section just now, Keyser... I don't think it's the movies you're reviewing, but it might well be the thread's title that people are glossing over.
I have to admit, that is exactly what I've done with your thread. I saw it appear the other day, but it didn't grab my attention enough to visit.
Maybe @Yoda can do you a title change? Might help.

I'm not getting the feedback I wanted from my reviews, so I think it's because I'm not reviewing the right ones. This isn't a plea for attention, just for feedback and suggestions. What do you want to see me review?
I'd be interested to read a review of Alien.

I use to get a lot of response to my reviews, but lately I get very little. I've noticed that trend on other reviewer's threads too.

But you know what? If you want people to read your reviews and talk to you about them, join an HoF!...It's the only place I know where everyone will watch the same movies and read and discuss each other's reviews. I'd love to have you join, HoFs are fun! Right now theres no HoFs starting up but there will be in the near future.

I use to get a lot of response to my reviews, but lately I get very little. I've noticed that trend on other reviewer's threads too.

But you know what? If you want people to read your reviews and talk to you about them, join an HoF!...It's the only place I know where everyone will watch the same movies and read and discuss each other's reviews. I'd love to have you join, HoFs are fun! Right now theres no HoFs starting up but there will be in the near future.

HoF's?

Like Rodent said HoF is Hall of Fame. Those are threads where a group of MoFos join and each nominate a movie for the group to watch. We then review and discuss the nominated movies, then send in a private voting list to the host who calculates what film wins the HoF and is inducted into MoFo's Hall of Fame Museum.

Here: Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info
Look at the first 3 post. The 1st post has links to current HoFs. The second and third is the past winners.

Interesting. Actually, I was hopping we could start real clubs, more than just the director-based ones we have (although I'd love a Coppola club. Why the hell do we not have a Coppola club yet?) You know, with themes like classic 30's-50's cheese or an MST3K club, or even a Disney or anime club.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"Last Movie" thread... Of course, I'd recommend my Top 10.. I checked your Top 10, and if you like Marlon Brando, check out "On The Waterfront". You said you liked war movies, "Paths of Glory" is a great one.

"Last Movie" thread... Of course, I'd recommend my Top 10.. I checked your Top 10, and if you like Marlon Brando, check out "On The Waterfront". You said you liked war movies, "Paths of Glory" is a great one.

I've seen both, and I five'd them both. I didn't review them yet because I want to branch out into more than just five-star reviews, or it'll look like I love everything I watch.

Tbh, I've been away from the reviews stuff for a long time, even my own thread has quietened down considering when I first joined I was writing like, 4 per day or something stupid.

Had a look at the reviews section just now, Keyser... I don't think it's the movies you're reviewing, but it might well be the thread's title that people are glossing over.
I have to admit, that is exactly what I've done with your thread. I saw it appear the other day, but it didn't grab my attention enough to visit.
Maybe @Yoda can do you a title change? Might help.

That IS a good point... damn I loved that title. Well, I think I've got a better one: Keyser Corleone's Movie Memoirs.

Interesting. Actually, I was hopping we could start real clubs, more than just the director-based ones we have (although I'd love a Coppola club. Why the hell do we not have a Coppola club yet?) You know, with themes like classic 30's-50's cheese or an MST3K club, or even a Disney or anime club.
The club idea was a good one, but it never really took off. Except Sean gave it a good go with Hitchcock. Anyway next time an HoF starts up, join, I think you'd like it.