Test Your Common Knowledge

Tools    

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Mont Blanc is what we learned in school and probably because Elbrus was considered to be in Asia. But Cait might be right. Anyway, I don't think the highest mountain top of Europe is an example of "un-common" knowledge.

I don't have a clue about the heart shaped mountain range... The Rocky Mountains?

Mont Blanc was what I learned in school too… but I had remembered reading something about it in the fact book so I checked… Wikipedia also says it is Elbrus.... so apparently the teachers got this one wrong or else they didn't have all the facts at the time...

And my un-common knowledge comment wasn't directed at your question but at several of the questions in general (my own included)… and Sammy's post... and I was not complaining… I'm glad this thread got resurrected because I've always enjoyed it…

Anyway, no, it's not the Rocky's… I just visited this particular mountain range not long ago…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Still don't have a clue. Black Hills?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Still don't have a clue. Black Hills?

Bingo… it is the Black Hills… the Sioux have believed the Black Hills are the sacred center (heart) of the world for hundreds of years… long before the age of satellites…

Australia, unless you would count the whole landmass of Eurasia and Africa as it's own island

what are the plastic things on the end of shoelaces called?

human skin 70%

How far does a blood cell travel in the human blood stream per day?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by adidasss
i'm sorry, australia is not an island it's a continent, the biggest island is grenland
That's what I thought too, but I didn't want to get all technical about it again - Cait will slap me on the fingers with her CIA handbook.

i'm sorry, australia is not an island it's a continent, the biggest island is grenland
it's a continent, but by technical definition, it's still an island. Generally it is said that an island is smaller than a continent, but an island is still a water-locked landmass

Island, any comparatively small body of land completely surrounded by water. From the geographical point of view, the only difference between an island and a continent is size. - source - encarta

Lets put a smile on that block
The United Kingdom is an Island. Surely it's the biggest?

okay, it doesn't really matter, but i still have a question out there

Originally Posted by Eyes
How far does a blood cell travel in the human blood stream per day?

Lets put a smile on that block
surely you must be joking
Unfortunatly i am not, and we both know about your problems with understanding when a jokes a joke. This thread is called Common Knowledge and over here in the UK it's pretty common knowledge that England is in fact an island.

dude, i was reffering to the part of your post when you say that it has to be the biggest island, like i said the biggest island is greenland
Greenland - (840,004 sq miles) (2,175,600 sq km)
New Guinea - (303,381 sq miles) (785,753 sq km)
Borneo - (288,869 sq miles) (748,168 sq km)
Madagascar - (226,917 sq miles) (587,713 sq km)
Baffin - (194,574 sq miles) (503,944 sq km)
Sumatra - (171,069 sq miles) (443,066 sq km)
Great Britain - (88,787 sq miles) (229,957 sq km)
Honshu - (87,182 sq miles) (225,800 sq km)
Victoria - (85,154 sq miles) (220,548 sq km)
Ellesmere - (71,029 sq miles) (183,965 sq km)
source - worldatlas.com

dude, i was reffering to the part of your post when you say that it has to be the biggest island, like i said the biggest island is greenland

Dude… there is a difference between a question and a statement… you need to reread Blib's original post…

Edited so I didn't double post...