Quote of the Day

Tools    

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. ~ Jackson Browne

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Glad you liked that one Nebs...

I have one life and one chance to make it count for something . . . I'm free to choose what that something is, and the something I've chosen is my faith. Now, my faith goes beyond theology and religion and requires considerable work and effort. My faith demands -- this is not optional -- my faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference. ~ Jimmy Carter

I worked with Jimmy on a Habitat project... and have a lot of respect for the man...

Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I worked with Jimmy on a Habitat project... and have a lot of respect for the man...
Hey no fair. I've never met Jimmy. I feel like i should refer to him as James now.

---

"We shall not cease from exploring,
And the end of our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time."

--T.S. Eliot

["And that, in a sense, is where I’m beginning to be." -- Robert Strange McNamara - The Fog of War - 2003]

---
EDIT:
---

That little aside from the old number-cruncher just makes me wanna think of him as 'Bobby'

There are times when you have to obey a call which is the highest of all. The voice of conscience, even though such obedience may cost many a bitter tear, and even more a separation from friends, from family, from the state to which you may belong, from all which you have held as dear as life itself. For this obedience is the law of our being. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

The People's Republic of Clogher
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Muhammad Ali

and again...

Love is a net that catches hearts like a fish.

and again...

Prejudice comes from being in the dark; sunlight disinfects it.

and finally...

If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.

Don't you just love him?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Tacitus
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Muhammad Ali

and again...

Love is a net that catches hearts like a fish.

and again...

Prejudice comes from being in the dark; sunlight disinfects it.

and finally...

If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.

Don't you just love him?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Not exactly a qoute but it's funny.

The following is the transcript of an actual radio conversation in October
1995, between a US Navy ship and The British authorities, off the Scottish
North coast. The transcript was released by the MoD on 10/10/95.

BRITISH : Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South, to avoid
collision.

US Navy : Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the North to avoid
a collision.

BRITISH : Negative.You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the
South to avoid a collision.

US Navy : This is the Captain of US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR
course.

BRITISH : Negative. I say again. You will have to divert your course.

US NAVY : THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN. THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP
IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE
DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. DEMAND THAT
YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, THAT'S 15 DEGREES NORTH, OR
COUNTER MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

BRITISH : We are a lighthouse. F*ck off.

history *is* moralizing
hehe, atta good one!

There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life -- happiness, freedom, and peace of mind -- are always attained by giving them to someone else. ~ Peyton Conway March

Can we try with real bullets now?
"I love guns."

--Second Grader I read to in my Cross Age Literacy Class

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

-A little guy with funny hair

Responsibility: A detachable burden easily shifted to the shoulders of God, Fate, Fortune, Luck or one's neighbor. In the days of astrology it was customary to unload it upon a star. ~ Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary, 1911