What do you think of Soaked In Bleach (2015)?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
My friend thought it was a really good documentary trying to ascertain that Kurt Cobain's suicide was really a murder.

I didn't know much about the true story, so I went in with a fresh mind I think, but I found that the movie didn't really do the best job, at trying to prove any kind of conspiracy, with inconsistencies in the theories, leaving me with more questions than answers. It all just felt very half baked to me.

But what do you think of it?

Yes I had major interest in this when it first came out and have seen it a couple of times since. I am still hugely into Nirvana and the Seattle scene as a whole from the early 90s. Whilst it’s up to the viewer to decide on the conspiracy theories, it’s like all high profile celebrity deaths, we will never know the truth. As a whole I did enjoy Soaked In Bleach but I do agree that it leaves many questions unanswered.

Montage of Heck was released around the same time. Being a Courtney involved documentary, the whole story was told from a different angle. Bringing Kurt's artwork to life was a highlight but there was no mention of any conspiracies whatsoever. Soaked In Bleach was very different as it put Courtney in a very bad light.

I think anyone with an interest in Nirvana and Kurt will enjoy both but there will forever be a divide on the truth and who’s into the conspiracies to make a quick buck.