THE SILVER SCREEN

Tools    

Has been a while since spookie began a new game here on the best forum devoted to the moving picture. Post a pic, gif or clip on anything that has made cinematic history.

here is the first:

Name this pair.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Brothers Light.

Name this pair.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

This is a Japanese film. Looks like the 60s.
Well, I'm asking you (and everybody) to name the two actors.

Only know one Japanese actor of that period Toshiro Mifune.
Then your knowledge is not even rudimentary. This means somebody else will have to try guessing.

There is also Ken Ogata? Is she the actress from Woman of the Dunes?
Two blind guesses and both missed!

This is a still from a very famous piece of cinematic history. Not DW Griffith.. before that..actually it was in 1906.

This is the film. What gave it cinematic fame?

This was the first ever full length (multi reel) feature film. There is a clip of what remains of this pioneering film on YT.

I'm playing but my internet is 90% down and won't be fixed until around June 1st.

My guess for the photo you posted is Birth of a Nation by D.W. Griffith. It's significant or infamous, in that it sparked a revival of the KKK.

I'm playing but my internet is 90% down and won't be fixed until around June 1st.

My guess for the photo you posted is Birth of a Nation by D.W. Griffith. It's significant or infamous, in that it sparked a revival of the KKK.
Internet down Orson? That is not good. What system do you have broadband?

\
I was not aware BOAN had a KKK theme. That is not the important point I was after. It took most box office takings of all silent films. Yours as you answered a majority of the question.

Internet down Orson? That is not good. What system do you have broadband?

\
I was not aware BOAN had a KKK theme. That is not the important point I was after. It took most box office takings of all silent films. Yours as you answered a majority of the question.
I have DSL broadband and they upgraded my area to a new dsl protocol which outdated my 8 year old modem. The thing is the ISP never told me they were doing this and so I had to call them twice and the modem's manufacturer once, to finally get to the bottom of the problem. I spent 2 day of time trying to trouble shoot the problem. It would have been nice if my ISP had told me the type of DSL internet had changed, so I could have ordered a new modem. I did order one, but it won't be here until June 1st....So I can't upload pictures right now, someone else can take my turn.

A new one in your absence. It was called SOLDIERS OF THE CROSS (1901). Where was it made and what is its significance?
The plot outlined the story of the early Christian martyrs with a compendium of horrors guaranteed to jolt audiences into an awareness of terrible suffering for the sake of Christianity. ...