Arnold Schwarzenegger And James Cameron back for another terminator

Tools    

Action star and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will star in a new Terminator movie produced by James Cameron, Screen reported on Saturday.

Earlier this year, we learned director James Cameron is returning to the Terminator franchise he created to produce and shepherd the new approach to the dying sci-fi property that hasn’t had a good sequel since Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Deadpool director Tim Miller will be at the helm of the movie, but otherwise we haven’t heard anything about what to expect from it, and frankly even with Cameron on board, it’s been hard to get excited for yet another Terminator sequel. However, a new update might help get fans on board.

Speaking to Screen Daily from the Cannes Film Festival, Schwarzenegger confirmed that he had met with James Cameron, who created the series and directed the first two movies. "It is back," he said. "It is moving forward. [Cameron] has some good ideas of how to continue with the franchise. I will be in the movie."
Skydance Media founder David Ellison recently spoke about the project, saying: “We have something this year that we will be announcing for the franchise. It’s something we’re incredibly excited about and we think is the direction it needs to head.”

Back in March, it was reported that Paramount is gearing up to announce a Terminator reboot this year, despite rumors claiming the franchise was being shelved. While a sequel to Terminator Genisys was originally scheduled to release on May 19, 2017, the studio removed the project from its release schedule in January of last year.

The actor also spoke to the possibility of him still starring in a Conan reboot, saying the project hasn't been scrapped. "It’s being rewritten," Schwarzenegger said. "The idea is to do it."
i can't say that i'm not hyped for a good sequel to terminator 2, long live james cameron

I'm one of the few that had a good time with Genisys, so I've wanted another one anyway, and if Cameron's back too, all the better. I'm always there for more Big Arnie.

After seeing Avatar, I'm sure this will be just as bad.

After seeing Avatar, I'm sure this will be just as bad.
avatar is bad???? man are you serious???

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Avatar was a big waste of my time. I won't be watching any sequels voluntarily. We all know which two Terminator films will remain on top. I'll stick to the Transformers franchise for any of my future disappointments.

It's pretty bad, yeah.
man everyone liked avatar when it came, i can t even believe u guys are saying this....look at the imdb rating of 7.9/10 and still holds it today.....

man everyone liked avatar when it came, i can t even believe u guys are saying this....look at the imdb rating of 7.9/10 and still holds it today.....
I'm really surprised this is the first time you're hearing of people not liking Avatar. The backlash was big and happened pretty much immediately. People realized that they only enjoyed it in the theatres because they hadn't seen something like that before, it doesn't hold up at all and outside of its visuals (and even they aren't that great tbh) it's very weak. Well i think it is anyway, there's nothing wrong with liking it.

Don't really put much stock in IMDB scores.

i seriouly think only few people didn t like it because otherwise it wouldn.t have made such a great entry in the box office back then, none of my friends even said anything close to not liking it

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Speaking of a Terminator sequel, I'd like to see Leguizamo as a bad terminator. I wonder if it will be a Logan style film.

i seriouly think only few people didn t like it because otherwise it wouldn.t have made such a great entry in the box office back then, none of my friends even said anything close to not liking it
You go into a film at the cinema without having seen it and it was a 'must watch' film, doesn't necessarily mean that the people who bought a ticket liked it. I'm not saying it isn't popular because it is but there was clearly a big backlash against it. Also popularity doesn't equal quality.

Meh. Arnold has basically become a caricature of himself. If he's starring in this I don't see it turning out well. I just see a lot of "I'll be back" and other lines he loves to beat to death in pretty much every action movie he's in.

imdb ratings are quirky. Sci-fi/fantasy is always way to high. Unfortunately, Avatar had very little originality to it other than the setting. The military as bad has been done to death as well as the whole environmental theme. The movie is nothing more than another installment in a long list of Dances With Wolves rip-offs.

The only well done confrontation in the film was when Michelle Rodriguez faced off against the colonel in the helicopter, 'You're not the only one with a gun, b****!'

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I liked Avatar and still do. Solid film. I remember it being criticised because of an original plot yet to me the world building and other film elements trump what is a generic plot. A generic plot I really didnt mind.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Meh. Arnold has basically become a caricature of himself. If he's starring in this I don't see it turning out well. I just see a lot of "I'll be back" and other lines he loves to beat to death in pretty much every action movie he's in.
How could you say that, I mean, he starred in Terminator Genesis, wasn't that great?

Welcome to the human race...
Where would a new film even go? Terminator has always had an inherently limited core premise that worked well enough to sustain one self-contained film but, with the exception of Salvation's post-Judgment Day story, each sequel has gone to greater and greater lengths to twist the premise's internal logic in order to make a sequel happen. It was tolerable enough with the second film since Cameron himself was the main creative force and he came up with enough extra stuff to make it work, but the subsequent films ending up in the hands of various journeyman types didn't help matters even with potentially strong set-ups (e.g. Salvation). It seems as if the series needs to pull a Prometheus and start telling a whole new story within the same universe that ties into the greater narrative, though for all we know it could turn out that Cameron could end up doing a film that establishes the Terminator series as a prequel to Avatar.