Solo: A Star Wars Story

Tools    

Its just simple if feel like its a waste of time film then wait for DVD. So tired of people complaining about films people decide they will not like and go and complain about the film forever afterwords.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, and even then if someone's already that skeptical and liable to complain anyway then even a DVD viewing might be wasted on them.

I can tell you 3 things wrong with Solo compared to other films in the franchise and Yet Solo was better then Last Jedi and yet no new film can for me reach above Return Of The Jedi and Barely beat Revenge Of The Sith.

Solo lacked 3 things that easily could have been fixed even with a fan so called Backlash

A The Movie should have opened with not Han And QI'Ra but in space like every good Star Wars film and Looming Ship with the Sun symbol on it and Jabba The hutt and his people are attacked and Jabbas Palace is smoking and Then Darth Maul enters with in hand the Dark Saber over the simple Sith Saber.

B It needed more clear that QI'Ra is a conflicted Villain type then the film had with a scene with her and Beckett and also they needed Chewy more skeptical in appearance too these people and Chewy stays more to help Han over being a butler or side kick character.

C At The End Of The Movie QI'RA was serving the Empire and on the comlink we saw Vader having a desperate need to find Obi Wan and her finding Maul and The previous gangster was part of the plan.

Those are 3 story changes that would have made the film even more fan serviced. I Would have made the droid part where the Falcon used to have a system where the Falcons computer spoke but during the Kessel Run damage the computer was never right again to speak.

A. I don't think that opening would be a good idea since it puts an unnecessary and instantly confusing focus on Maul - people are settling in for a Han Solo movie and the first thing they see is Darth Maul back from the dead? Having him play any kind of significant role in the story instead of inventing a whole new cast of characters also makes the film look too unimaginative (and it makes more sense for Maul to go up against Kenobi anyway).
B. Not really, the story as is didn't need that detail since she still had to help Han out on the Kessel Run or die so there wasn't much need to actually focus on such a possibility until after the Run was over.
C. That would be pushing it too far. Having Maul back is one thing, but bringing back Vader again on an even flimsier pretense feels especially unnecessary.

Don't even get me started on how messed-up the whole droid/Falcon thing ended up being. The idea that a sentient being has effectively been stuck playing a voiceless GPS system for decades really takes Star Wars' whole droids-as-second-class-citizens thing into even darker territory.

Yeah i didnt get the droid-falcon merger concept either. seems entirely counter intuitive based on everything weve just seen. and on top of it Lando just ends up giving away his baby pretty much right after the merger. so the poor droid is silently trapped in the guts of a space ship AND abandoned to a new owner anyway. what?? couldnt they just have downloaded her into a new droid once all the excitement was over?

I think the only acceptable rationalisation is that her personality core or whatever was destroyed when she got shot and that the remaining pieces were still able to direct the Falcon, but I can't recall if that was ever actually made clear in the movie proper so it remains a weird conclusion for a character whose defining trait is her passionate crusade for droid rights.

A. I don't think that opening would be a good idea since it puts an unnecessary and instantly confusing focus on Maul - people are settling in for a Han Solo movie and the first thing they see is Darth Maul back from the dead? Having him play any kind of significant role in the story instead of inventing a whole new cast of characters also makes the film look too unimaginative (and it makes more sense for Maul to go up against Kenobi anyway).
B. Not really, the story as is didn't need that detail since she still had to help Han out on the Kessel Run or die so there wasn't much need to actually focus on such a possibility until after the Run was over.
C. That would be pushing it too far. Having Maul back is one thing, but bringing back Vader again on an even flimsier pretense feels especially unnecessary.

Don't even get me started on how messed-up the whole droid/Falcon thing ended up being. The idea that a sentient being has effectively been stuck playing a voiceless GPS system for decades really takes Star Wars' whole droids-as-second-class-citizens thing into even darker territory.
The Gang war was not well established in the movie and you can introduce Maul and Jabba The Hutt. You then can do the whole Han Introduction and Keira but Star Wars even a Stand Alone should open in space with a Ship and why not have it be Tatooine again. Since they dont do an opening Crawl for these why not have a Bond like opening.

I really, really enjoyed Solo, not a perfect movie by any means and I did have some issues with it, but overall a well crafted, fun movie that just needed more depth and emotion when it comes to the characters.

The Gang war was not well established in the movie and you can introduce Maul and Jabba The Hutt. You then can do the whole Han Introduction and Keira but Star Wars even a Stand Alone should open in space with a Ship and why not have it be Tatooine again. Since they dont do an opening Crawl for these why not have a Bond like opening.
I think Solo has a good reason not to do the usual space-opening shot since it reflects how Han is effectively trapped on Corellia at the beginning - likewise, the vagueness of the gang war seems like a necessary conservation of detail since we're seeing the film largely through the perspectives of characters who are just trying to survive the wrath of one gang boss so they're not overly concerned about the bigger picture unless it affects them directly (i.e. rival gangs trying to hijack their scores).

Solo would have been better of as a 10 week tv series really in my opinion but by the time budgets grew Disney had to release this but I wonder if Black Panther move would have been better to release it in low competition movie months like an end of August or mid september. Since there was a bit on unknown feeling for it and Solo maybe needed a bigger gap from releasing from The Last Jedi. I think marketing was a big failure for this film. And people say Star Wars should sale itself. and It was apparent Disney put all there focus on Marvels film releases and was ready for Solo to flop

This might just do nobody any good.
Apparently all future spin-offs are on hold following this movie’s disappointing BO performance. No one’s working on Obi-Wan anymore and the Boba Fett one never really got started so it’s possible that James Mangold won’t be involved if/when it does.

Rian Johnson is still developing his trilogy, but who knows what’ll happen there. Ditto the one from the Game of Thrones guys.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Apparently all future spin-offs are on hold following this movie’s disappointing BO performance. No one’s working on Obi-Wan anymore and the Boba Fett one never really got started so it’s possible that James Mangold won’t be involved if/when it does.

Rian Johnson is still developing his trilogy, but who knows what’ll happen there. Ditto the one from the Game of Thrones guys.
Literally no chance of this happening.

Just waiting for KK to get fired. Probably in some sort of face saving way.

I am certain Kenobi will happen. I think the on hold could be because Episode 9 could be Kennedys last film and Bob Iger is leaving in 2019. I imagine there will be a new boss all around at both jobs. I think its even possible that Episode 9 could be 2 films like Deathly Hallows and Avengers 3 and 4

I hope not, this is a franchise built on trilogies and the last thing we need is to give J.J. an excuse to leave a series conclusion unfinished.

I was reading somewhere that episode 9 will not conclude like a trilogy at all and the episodes will just continue on. Don't quote me on that though can't remember where I heard it.

Blame the Last Jedi, Kathleen Kennedy, Ruin Johnston, SJW issues creeping into our space saga, being defensive and insulting fans in face of overwhelming criticism.

Now they are left with episode 9 and a very real boycott that will tank that film too, unless heads roll and a real change in attitude happens.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Bump for anyone that didn't care to see this on the big screen, it is now on Netflix (U.S.).