Used Future's DVD Collection

Tools    

The only thing I really can't stand there, that I've seen, is Obssession. Damn, that film's boring. Love seeing Fantastic Voyage there, though.
Yeah I pretty much agree...we predicted the ending in the first five minutes. Lines tabbed this a few months back and I saw it for £3 so picked it up for my early De Palma dvd thing. The fact Paul Schrader wrote it helped too. I'd agree it's nothing more than a forgettable Vertigo homage which is probably why Columbia initially shelved it. Good score from Herrmann and Bujold is cute, but nothing more.

Where the hell do you work or do you just live off rice?
Hehe. I buy nearly all my dvds pre-owned and rarely spend more than £5 on a disc. The only films I shell out for are the R1 imported releases I can't get in the UK, and even then it's from Amazon, and hence generally cheap. I've been collecting for six years so I've amassed quite a few. I assure you all I'm on a depressingly crappy wage.

I've got Sexy Killer on order, though they're having trouble getting it to me atm. Love seeing Ashes To Ashes there. I loved that and thought it was better than Life On Mars. Timecrimes I've had for a while now, but I've still not gotten around to watching it (is Cronenberg still on to direct the remake?)

I've not seen Looker for ages and I really used to like Coma, but I've not seen that for a good few years either.

Thanks HK.

I really hope you like Sexykiller as much as I do because it's not for all tastes; something tells me you're going to dig it a lot though. I've not got round to Timecrimes either and had no idea Cronenberg was penciled in for a re-make. Need to see the flick before I comment on that one.

As for Ashes to Ashes; I only saw the first half of series one before missing a few episodes and never going back. I'm a huge fan of Life on Mars though and liked what I saw of Ashes, so it'll be fun to catch up. Gene Hunt always makes me laugh.

On a side note...

I mean't to ask if you ever got round to watching that Pakistani horror flick you bought called Hell's Ground, and more importantly if it's worth a rental? The cover art looks rather cool.

Your collection has a lot of really fun titles. Had you seen Zu: Warriors from the Magic Mountain before, UF? I can't remember you mentioning it.

Five Deadly Venoms and (now) Sexykiller - two that I want to see.

Yes I've seen Zu Warriors before and mentioned it here a while back. It's insane fun and I can't believe I found it in a charity shop for £1.99. Bargain!

Thanks HK.

I really hope you like Sexykiller as much as I do because it's not for all tastes; something tells me you're going to dig it a lot though.
I'd come close to buying it a couple of times but it never quite made it. I actually had it on order when I read your review, (I'd found it cheap, the dvd that is, not your review. ) but I was happy to see how much you liked it. I feel more confident about liking it now.

As for Ashes to Ashes; I only saw the first half of series one before missing a few episodes and never going back. I'm a huge fan of Life on Mars though and liked what I saw of Ashes, so it'll be fun to catch up. Gene Hunt always makes me laugh.
I'd like to hear what you think of it once you've seen it all. As I said, I loved it. One of the reasons I loved it was simply because it managed, IMO, to live upto Life On Mars. Another was I loved the way that they wove the LoM story into it in the first episode, showing right away that this wasn't just going to be LoM in the 80's, before slowly bringing back certain bits of it and not just writing it off. I also like that, even by series 3, they're not relying on Gene Hunt being Gene Hunt. I felt that LoM became lazy and hit the 70's Heartbeat button too often in the second series and when we weren't being energized by that, it was Gene Hunt doing his Jack Regan impression (which I loved, but series 1 was a great programme with that.)

On a side note...

I mean't to ask if you ever got round to watching that Pakistani horror flick you bought called Hell's Ground, and more importantly if it's worth a rental? The cover art looks rather cool.

Yes I did and yes it is, if only to see the Slasher conventions played out in the purest form I can think of since the late 70's. The cover screams claims of TCM and Dawn Of The Dead, but that's only a few scenes and some exposition. This strictly follows slasher codes and conventions and, though low budget and digitally shot in 30 days, it's reminicent of late 70's/early 80's horror. If you liked the original Friday The 13th, then you should like this. If not, it's worth watching to see such a familiar genre (and, IMO, film) filtered through the Pakistani culture.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked out the trailer for Hell's Ground and unfortunately the digital aspect has totally put me off. It looks like those awful home made brit horrors that always get released on the Hard Gore label; i.e. a load of sh*te. I'm not a fan of Friday the 13th and American slashers either so I'll probably give it a miss.

Hello there Plenty of new additions since last time. Apologies for the crappy picture quality. I was rushing things....

That's Search & Destroy and The Glove at the end, no great shakes but cult legend John Saxon, and Perry King from Class of 1984 appear; not to mention Don 'Coogan's Bluff' Stroud doing karate...so it's not all bad. Post apocalyptic flic The Ultimate Warrior is ok, a little talky and Yul looks past it, but Von Sydow is his usual good self. The Mephisto Waltz is a classy Rosemary's Baby variant with a pre-MASH Alan Alda; well worth a look. Battle Beneath the Earth is a campy Fu Manchu-ish cold war action flick - good for a laugh on a Saturday morning. Haven't watched the other one yet.

All three of the above are raw-ass classics, nuff said. In fact I'd like to do full write ups for Fight for Your Life and Trick Baby the latter of which has become an instant firm favourite. Both deal with racial issues in very different ways, and stayed with me for days afterwards. Shame I probably won't find the time.

Nothing special here. That Man Bolt is a convoluted James Bond clone with with Fred Williamson the only draw. The Slaughter movies are run-of-the- mill blaxploitation, but at least Rip Torn and Stella Stevens spice up the first one. Trucker Turner I already have and bought this for Fred Williamson's debut feature Hammer. Williamson is great and plays it with less of the posturing bravado he displays in later movies. Shame the plot is a cliched boxer vs. the mob who want him to take a dive or they'll cut up his girl affair. Ho-hum.

Super Inframan I've alreasy covered here. Alien 2: On Earth/ Sulla Terra is a recently released long lost Italian cheapie and it should have stayed that way. Complete tosh with a bunch of dubbed pot holers menaced by some pulsating blue rocks. There's an exploding head and a monster that looks like a string of salami covered in pasta sauce; I'll stick with Luigi Cozzi's Contamination thanks. Detroit 9000 is a decent little heist flick in the blaxploitation mould; though Alex Rocco (who was on the other side of the law in the excellent The Friends of Eddie Coyle) plays the lead - thumbs up on that one.

The rest of a very mixed bunch. I already knew Prince of Darkness is crapola, but for £3 in a second hand record store I couldn't go wrong - that's my Carpenter collection done. It! The Terror From Beyond Space is a long overdue addition to my Alien influences and rip offs collection. Willie Dynamite is an ok pimp redemption flick that's better than The Mack, but only just. The Butterfly Murders has already been covered in the Movie Tab by Linespalsy and I bought it on the strength of his review. Good movie, shame about the diabolical dvd transfer. Ticks is a hugely enjoyable 90's creature feature fave of mine, and I'm glad to have it upgraded. That's the 1978 original Long Weekend, an uderrated cult classic in my humble opinion; creepy stuff indeed. My Best Friend is a Vampire is a fluffy 80's comedy with a decent supporting cast - though David Warner (who was excellent as Jack the Ripper in Time After Time) is wasted. I still enjoyed the movie a great deal though. The Xtro boxset was a steal second hand for £3.99. Definite guilty pleasures...yes even 2 & 3. The Wicker Man needs no explanation, and the rest I can't be bothered to comment on, except Bite the Bullet which I'm looking forward to watching.

Whoops! almost forgot these two old favourites...

Until the next time...

Thanks HK

Hope you enjoy the latest update...

Thought I'd kick off with three underrated 70's horror outings. I briefly covered Let's Scare Jessica To Death here. Bob Clark's Deathdream (a director best known for the excellent seminal 70's slasher Black Christmas) impressed me most out the trio. A somber, low key adaptation of The Monkey's Paw with great central performances from Richard Backus as the decidedly creepy Andy, and John Marley as his tortured father. Well worth a look, and there's some great early effects work from Tom Savini too. Messiah of Evil is a muddled but atmospheric Night of the Living Dead variant, with some inspired set pieces and Anitra Ford looking as hot as ever. Probably the least of the trio for me, but still well above average for the genre. The cinema, and supermarket sequences are worth the entry fee alone. Thumbs up.

Some made to order archive stuff. Hit Man is a 1972 remake of Mike Hodges' 1971 masterpiece Get Carter, transposing the action to L.A. with a mainly black cast. Honeykid pm'd me to say this isn't that good, and whilst I agree it's distinctly lackluster compared with the original; there's still plenty to enjoy. First off there's Pam Grier smouldering in one of (if not) her first roles as a high class hooker. The scene in which Casey's character dispatches her using a real live lion is priceless. Then there's the ending which attempts to re-invent the iconic original with an added twist. Unfortunately the film just doesn't have the guts to be anywhere near as edgy as Hodges' film, but if you're a big fan like me, it's worth it just to see the differences.

I reviewed the holy grail of revenge flicks Rolling Thunder a while ago here
Sadly I've merely upgraded my existing bootleg dvd-r for another slightly better official dvd-r with a token trailer and marginally better transfer. Word is Optimum are realeasing a UK R2 disc in September, but the release has already been delayed once, and knowing them it will be a bare bones affair. Still there's hope.

The Outfit (coincidentally directed by John Flynn who also helmed Rolling Thunder) is a hugely entertaining b-movie with Robert Duvall and Joe Don Baker taking on (and humiliating) the mob with a series of hiests and home invasions. Apparently there were two endings filmed, but this disc only includes the more upbeat of the pair. Still a great crime flick - best scene the bungled hit on our heroes by a group of bogus cops.

Sweet Sweetback's Badasssss Song is an extremely dated, but still powerful cult art movie that paved the way for many of the independant blaxploitation flicks of the 70's. To be honest I found this hard going, like a more abstract and symbolic answer to Iceberg Slim. Much of it is spoken in barely intelligable street slang, and consists of Van Peebles endlessly running. Still there's flashes of gritty brilliance though, not least the sequence in which he does-in the two police men beating a 'brother' to death.

I covered Blindman ages ago here

The Nest is another overlooked 80's creature feature gem, and rare return to form for Roger Corman's Concord Pictures. Great supporting characters, and some hilariously gooey over the top gore effects make this one a real winner. Who knows I might even get round to putting it in my 80's thread. Horrar fans and gore hounds should track this one down.

A couple of cracking double features from Shout Factory (which is fast becoming one of my favourite dvd labels) Fighting Mad is a cliched revenge flick from Jonathan Demme, with Peter Fonda taking on some evil land developers. This one's really violent, and the ending in which Pete goes ape with a long bow and magnum is satisfyingly over the top. Haven't watched Moving Violation yet. I already own Race With the Devil and bought the second disc for Dirty Mary Crazy Larry which has been OOP for a while.
Pretty cool road/chase movie with Pete having to put up with decidedly annoying Mary (Susan George doing a rubbish American accent) - all the while being hunted down by the legendary Vic Morrow (always good) as a hard boiled Sherriff. Great extras on this disc, and the ending in particular should appeal to fans of a certain other iconic road movie from the 70's.

The Ilsa trilogy doesn't exactly set the world on fire with it's cinematic prowess - far from it. All in all an extremely sleazy series of films, the first two of which can be taken as tongue-in-cheek for the most part, and are pretty darn funny; especially considering the gratuitous amount of sex on offer, and Diane Thorne's hilarious German accent. The third film Tigress of Siberia however is a much grimmer affair with some pretty depraved scenes of torture, and very convincing gore effects. Definitely not for mainstream consumption though, and I certainly won't be looking to explore the sub-genre any further.

The rest of my additions. I'll just mention Psycho Beach Party which is a suprisingly enjoyable send up of old 60's beach/surfer movies (of which I've admittedly never seen any). Apparently this was originally an off broadway play, and it kind of shows with much of the staging a little on the theatrical side. Still the pace never lets up, with every scene packed full of amusing retro styled dialogue, and a daft story about split personalities and a series of murders. The cast is rather good made up of lots of familiar TV faces with Lauren Ambrose a standout in the lead as naive young 'Chicklet' - just don't let her look at circles. I picked this one up for £1.99 second hand which was a real find.

That's the remake of Romero's The Crazies which I actually think is equal to, if not better than the orginal. Really enjoyed that one.

Last but not least is Beyond the Valley of the Dolls which I've long admired, and should have added years ago. Brilliant Roger Egbert script poking fun at (lest ripping appart) the world of show bizz, with some great musical numbers, and gore galore finale to put the icing on an already magnificent cake. The movie has everything, and is an absolute must see for fans of late 60's early 70's fashions, music and hedonistic attitudes. Makes Austin Powers look feeble.

Anyway until the next time.

Adore your collection, very jealous of the following dvds:

Thriller: They Call Her One Eye
Dellamorte Dellamore
&
Rolling Thunder - well not of the dvd-r, very happy to hear Optimum are releasing it on the 19th of September, on blu ray too, so that's the one I'll be getting.

Found Story of Ricky second hand for £4; not sure if it's still in print.
I have the same dvd and it is out of print.

Oo nice to see Time Crimes in your collection. - Excellent film, have you seen it yet?

That's the remake of Romero's The Crazies which I actually think is equal to
Does it come with the lovely lenticular slipcase like the blu ray? it looks like your edition does. Yet to see the original film, but thought the remake was rather good, brilliant music too.

Some interesting additions there, UF.

I didn't think much of the remake of The Crazies, but then, I'm not much of a fan of the original either.

Love The Third Man and really enjoyed The House Of The Devil. I should get around to watching that again sometime.

Pleased to see you enjoyed Psycho Beach Party, too. I'd spent about 10 years looking for that film, but I enjoyed it when I saw it. Actually, even though I'd wanted it for so long, it was still about a year or so before I actually sat and watched it.

I felt much the same way about Sweet Sweetback's Badasssss Song as you though, when I saw it, it was a lot more difficult to find blacksploitation films. So I probably enjoyed it more then than I would now.

I found Messiah of Evil today on Youtube, so I'm going to try and watch it at my computer sometime. I think Let's Scare Jessica To Death is there too. I've not seen that since I was a kid and don't really remember anything about it. Odd that you post it today. I'll see if Death Dream is there, too.

Pleased you enjoyed The Hit Man.

@ Nausicaä
Thanks. I actually recommend going for the Italian release of Dellamorte Dellamore over the Red Edition I own which doesn't have the Italian language track. Thriller: They Call Her One Eye was readily available on Amazon the last time I looked, so snap up a copy while you still can.
As for Rolling Thunder; I'm not sure how blu-ray would enhance many of the films I buy on dvd, as they tend to be grainy b-movies that were never meant to be viewed in high definition. If the transfer is close to how the film looked theatrically then I'm happy. Besides I often find that a little grain, some slight print damage and sporadic cigarette burns add to the whole experience.

I've yet to get round to Time Crimes, but it is sitting in my ever growing pile of stuff to watch. Most people I speak to say it's pretty good, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

@Honeykid

I've not checked the Youtube version of Messiah Of Evil, but if it's not a 2:35:1 transfer then don't bother. The film is up there with Suspiria in terms of lighting, set design and photography making an unmastered pan and scan a waste of time. I held off watching the film for years until the Code Red dvd got released.

Really enjoyed Psycho Beach Party, and I'm not suprised to learn you're already a fan. I was thinking whilst watching it I bet honeykid would really dig this movie. Anyway, thanks for reading my posts again.

Wow! Is it really four months since I last updated this?

Lots of new stuff since June so here goes...

A Euro triple bill kicking off with the Eureka realease of Faccia a Faccia aka Face to Face a great spaghetti western which I orginally covered here
That's the Korean disc of Àlex de la Iglesia's wonderful The Day of the Beast which I had to import through Ebay becasue it's OOP. Great comedy horror flick is probably Iglesia's best and a very proud addition to my Spanish cult collection. I've mentioned Who Can Kill a Child? in a number of other threads now, because it's a very underrated and over looked slice of Euro-shock, that's as restrained as it is suspensefully atmospheric....a must have for horror fans...

Dr. Black and Mr. Hyde
is a fun blaxploitation horror outing which I briefly reviewed at the bottom of this post along with Jackson County Jail which leads me onto my latest Shout Factory Corman cult classic additions. Caged Heat is Johnathan Demme's debut feature; a near seminal chicks in chains outing with a memorable turn from scream queen Barbara Steele as a wheelchair bound prison warden. Tamara Dobson also appears in a fun flick for fans of the genre. Big Doll House is my favourite women in prison film and was the first of a series of Philipino shot exploiters that made a bucket load of cash for Corman back in the early seventies. Pam Grier makes an impressive early appearance as does Sid Haig, and the image of Bodine (Pat Woodell) firing off a couple of grease guns in the jungle is iconic stuff from the grindhouse era. The Big Birdcage is an indirect follow up with Grier and Haig returning in different roles, and the always stunning Anitra Ford providing some very welcome support. I haven't watched Women In Cages yet...

Savage Streets is a somewhat slow but incredibly cheesy 80's rape revenge flick with the lovely Linda Blair delivering a razzie winning performance. For the curious out there I originally covered it here. Don't let the low score put you off, becasue it's a wonderfully entertaining celebration of bad acting and dialogue with an ending to die for. Streetwalkin' proved to be a great blind buy, on the strength of having had the trailer on an old ex-rental vhs for years, but never being able to get hold of a copy. Melissa Leo is incredibly hot (reminded me of Lea Thompson in this) as naive young runnaway Cookie, who ends up hooking for sadistic pimp Duke (Dale Midkiff who puts in a hilariously over the top performance). The rest of the movie sees Cookie and pals (who include her young brother!??) trying to escape Duke's clutches - all whilst Duke pummels the local black pimps into oblivion. Realistic it ain't, fun it definitely is. I also love the electro funk soundtrack on this which has some real classics like Konk's Your Life, Arthur Russell's seminal classic Go Bang! - a Larry Levan favourite; not to mention the great title theme...

Moving away from the sleaze, a couple of space opera faves that I'd imagine most of you have seen. I remember my mum taking me to The Black Hole when I was a kid, and picked up the dvd at a boot sale for two pounds. A nice slice of nostalgia that kinda plays like a mixture of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and a child friendly Solaris - well kind of. Battle Beyond the Stars is a cheap and cheerful Corman cash-in that's really just The Seven Samurai in space. Many of the effects and some of the sets were recycled for later Alien cash-ins like Galaxy of Terror and Forbidden World, which I prefer to this one, but hey you just can't argue with George Peppard as a space cowboy...

I'll just pick my favourites from this pile of additions, which are The Legend of Hell House, The Stepford Wives, The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane, and Peeping Tom. The first three are somewhat undermentioned seventies classics, whilst the latter is an undeniable masterpiece. Pink Flamingos was something of a disppointment...although I found it funny in places, the overall production is a bit too homemade for my taste. Still I love the central premise and the overall kookiness is Waters at his rawest. Altered I briefly discussed with Mark f in the What was the last dvd you bought thread. Streets of Fire is an awesome rock n' roll inspired action flick from Walter Hill - shame this UK release is pan and scan. Fathom I got for Kathy's James Bond and related collection - it's certainly very funny seeing Richard Briers acting alongside the stunning Raquel Welch. The rest I can't be bothered to discuss right now.

Finally I had a lot of fun with De Palma's musical Phantom of the Paradise which I picked up for €2.50 in Delft in the Netherlands. Not really my kind of music, but it's a fun mixture of Pahantom of the Opera and The Rocky Horror Picture Show with some eye popping imagery and a memorable performance from Gerrit Graham as Beef; the campest rocker you've ever seen. Theatre of Blood was a no brainer for £1 second hand - essential viewing for horror buffs that one. That just leaves me with What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice? which arrived this morning and which I've also recently mentioned in the other dvd thread...

Until the next time mofo's

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Actually, considering some of the films I have, I think you're being very kind, Iro

Hello there. Not posted in here since before Christmas so this update is well overdue. My dvd collection has undergone something of a makeover recently and now has it's own room. Below is what we lovingly refer to as 'our' or 'my' (I'm constantly setting Kathy straight on that one) 'movie room'.

Now for some new additions which will take a little longer than usual...

Please bear in mind this post represents over six months worth of purchases, gifts and cheap second hand bargains.

First off we have the final additions to my pre-Hollywood Peter Weir horror cycle. Picnic At Hanging Rock, The Last Wave and The Plumber. I already own The Cars That Ate Paris so these complete the set. Love all three in their own right, from the sun drenched moody dread of PAHR, to the spiritualist ecological horror of The Last Wave, and (my personal fave) the blackly comic, yet decidedly unsettling mind games of The Plumber.

Next up a couple of flower power era cult classics with the brilliant satires Joe, and Performance. Joe is a crackerjack social comment on bigotry in the face of hippy culture, with a heartbreaking downbeat ending. Whilst Roeg and Cammell's Performance is an acid trip exploration/comment on the 60's movement as James Fox's right wing gangland enforcer collides with Mick Jagger's very left wing rock star. The Hit is Peter Yates' superb low key gangster/road movie with three knockout performances from Stamp, Hurt, and Roth.

My reviews of Bonnie's Kids and The Candy Snatchers can be found here
Reviews of Daughters Of Darkness, The Fourth Man and Twisted Nerve can be found further down the same page, and on page 8. The other disc is a triple feature which I got for the uncut edition of Chained Heat, and the sequel Red Heat (1985) because I love Linda Blair. I haven't watched Jungle Warriors (which is supposed to be crap) yet, but it does have Sybil Danning kicking ass with a shotgun so it can't be all that bad...can it?

Six classic British horror films here with the US edition of Death Line aka Raw Meat, a slow paced grabber with a suffocatingly grim atmosphere, and a fantastic performance from Donald Pleasence as a cynical police inspector. Totally underrated that one. Tigon classics Witchfinder General and The Blood On Satan's Claw should need no introductions to horror aficionados. Frightmare is probably Pete Walker's best film and is reviewed briefly in my thread somewhere. Killer's Moon and Tower Of Evil are reviewed here That's the R1 edition of TOE which is cheaper to buy from Amazon US. The UK disc is long OOP.

Some Warner archive stuff with Freebie And The Bean (1974) which is a sort of proto-buddy cop film in the Leathal Weapon mould which I found way too convoluted, and not nearly funny enough. A blind buy and major disappointment considering the cast. Anyway thanks to Honeykid The Super Cops (1975) nails the same formula with delightful results. It's based on the true story of New York police officers (Dave Greenberg and Bobby Hantz aka Batman and Robin) who made a record number of arrests on their patch back in the seventies; all whilst battling departmental red tape and a number of assassination attempts. This is fast, funny, action packed and makes a great double bill with Richard Fleischer's more serious The New Centurions (1972).

The Green Slime is a trash classic directed by Kinji Fukasaku of many a Japanese gangster movie and Battle Royale fame. Silver suited space hams battling rubber green aliens with laser cannons, whilst romancing Italian babe Luciana Paluzzi from Thunderball. Now that's what I call entertainment. A real guilty pleasure that one.

That's the somewhat rare uk edition of Targets (1968) which I reviewed here
For my sins I've not watched Wait Until Dark or Alphaville yet, but considering their reputation, and the fact I picked them up second hand for £1 each; I doubt I'll be overly disappointed. I do have reservations about Alphaville though...

Some Italian trash now with a really lovely collectors tin from Shameless which contains The Bronx Warriors trilogy or as I like to call it; two entertaining crapfests (Bronx Warriors and Escape From The Bronx) and an unrelated turd marketed as part three in parts of Europe. The New Barbarians aka Warriors Of The Wasteland *groan*. Fred Williamson battling homosexual marauders in a post apocalyptic Italy with a crossbow should make a great movie...but it doesn't. Especially when the budget is so meager they try to pass off golf buggies as futuristic cars that only have a top speed of twenty miles an hour.

The New Gladiators is a really entertaining sci-fi turkey from Lucio Fulci, that sadly gets a very poor unmastered pan and scan treatment from Troma dvd here. Baba Yaga is a stylish, kooky comic book adaptation of a classic fairy tale that veers delightfully between sixties camp, giallo and erotica. Well worth a look that one. Stagefright is another winner from Michele Soavi and my favourite 80's slasher/giallo. I used to have the old EC entertainment edition but lent it to a work colleague who left and never gave it back. Good to have it back on my Italian horror shelf.

More classic horror which needs no explanation apart from Kill List perhaps.
Not everyone liked it, but Ben Wheatley's low budget gem is my favourite horror film of 2011.

The Frightened Woman is a double post whoops. The Stendhal Syndrome is probably my favourite nineties Argento, and my review of Venus In Furs aka Paroxismus (1969) can be found in one of the above links. Incidentally UK people beware not to confuse this with the Shameless dvd which is actually a different 1969 film directed by Massimo Dallamano, and based on Leopold Sacher-Masoch's novel. Jess Franco's film has been released in the UK on the Redemption label.

The rest which I'll just list.
Strange Behavior, The Dead (2010), Pontypool, The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires, Dr. Black & Mr. Hyde, Cold Prey, Cold Prey: Resurrection, The Devil's Rain, Blood Relatives, Eyes Of Laura Mars, Will Penny, Ulzana's Raid (this is the UK edition which is heavily cut for horse falls - but my only option considering the OOP R1 disc), The Last Detail, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), The Sicilian Clan, The Revenant, Stake Land, The Devil's Nightmare, Alien Undead aka The Dark Lurking.

Special mention goes to yet another upgrade of Rolling Thunder and my only BluRay, ironically purchased for the dvd.

Finally this was Kathy's surprise Christmas gift to me which I had no idea about, and which brought tears to my eyes. Columbo is probably my all time favourite TV show and this is the jewel in my collection. Thanks Kathy, I love you.