What Is The Last DVD You WATCHED?

Tools    

I Saw It On It's Own, I Sadly Missed It In Theaters. I Think Death Proof Was Much Better Than Planet Terror, It Had More Story And Was Less Stupid Than Planet Terror. Both The Kill Bill's Are In My Top 10, So I Think It's Obvious I Prefer Those More, But I Still Love Death Proof. But None Of Them Can Beat Pulp Fiction.
Planet Terror is so much better than Death Proof it's not even funny.

Planet Terror is so much better than Death Proof it's not even funny.
Planet Terror Was A Movie I Could Watch More, Because It's Really Just A Fun Movie. Death Proof Was The Movie With The Better Acting And Better Story, Death Proof Was The Better Made Movie.

Planet Terror Was A Movie I Could Watch More, Because It's Really Just A Fun Movie. Death Proof Was The Movie With The Better Acting And Better Story, Death Proof Was The Better Made Movie.
No, I think Planet Terror had a better story, and better acting (for what it's worth, anyways). Death Proof is only good for the second half - which then I could agree with you was a brilliantly made film. But overall, Planet Terror was better, in my opinion.

No, I think Planet Terror had a better story, and better acting (for what it's worth, anyways). Death Proof is only good for the second half - which then I could agree with you was a brilliantly made film. But overall, Planet Terror was better, in my opinion.
Well I Guess We Have Different Opinions About It Then, But Planet Terror, Once Again, Was Really Only Made To Be A Fun Movie, You Could Tell That By Watching It. Death Proof Wasn't Made Just To Be A Fun Movie, But A Serious Movie, But I Can See Why Because Tarantino Really Only Makes Serious Movies.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Death Proof is a good film but for me there was so much talking and not much action for most of the film, then once the first half was over it started again and went on for just as long.

Yes it was a good film and the car crash scene was amazing and the carchase also but I did find myself quite bored, before the car crash and again with the car chase.

Death Proof is a good film but for me there was so much talking and not much action for most of the film, then once the first half was over it started again and went on for just as long.

Yes it was a good film and the car crash scene was amazing and the carchase also but I did find myself quite bored, before the car crash and again with the car chase.
It's A Tarantino Movie, Why Were You Expecting A Lot Of Action? His Movies Actually Really Doesn't Have A Lot Of Action In Them.

MovieMan, Death Proof was not meant to be a serious movie. They were both meant to be fun movies. Hence being "Grindhouse-styled".

It is allot different from his other movies are you telling me there wasnt allot of action is res-dogs? or even Pulp fiction?
I Didn't Really Think There Was That Much Action In Pulp Fiction, Maybe In Reservoir Dogs. This Was Sorta Like Kill Bill Vol. 1 Where It Mainly Saves Up All The Action Until The End Of The Movie.

MovieMan, Death Proof was not meant to be a serious movie. They were both meant to be fun movies. Hence being "Grindhouse-styled".
Maybe, But I Felt This One Was Meant To Be More Serious, Just The Way It Was Made.

Maybe, But I Felt This One Was Meant To Be More Serious, Just The Way It Was Made.
Because Planet Terror was a movie about Zombies and stayed grindhouse-styled throughout, while Death Proof was about a killer stunt man and only the first half is actually grindhouse-styled?

Yeah...

Because Planet Terror was a movie about Zombies and stayed grindhouse-styled throughout, while Death Proof was about a killer stunt man and only the first half is actually grindhouse-styled?

Yeah...
I agree that Death Proof lost it's 'Grindhouse styling' about halfway through but, IMO, the styling was just a gimmick. The films were grindhouse, the look of the film etc was just from constant (and unprofessional) usage.

Not only is Death Proof the better film IMO, but it's also more like the films it's paying homage to (or ripping off, if you don't like Taratino or the word "homage".) As I like those films, that was one of the big reasons that I prefered Death Proof, its authenticity. You could see that it was made by someone who really knew and loved his subject and then went about recreating those films, adding his own touches, showing what he'd like to see.

As for action, as movieman said, Tarantino films aren't action packed, they're diaglogue packed. Even Kill Bill which, if I remember correctly, had a lot more action in it than his other films was still very dialogue heavy. As for using Reservoir Dogs to argue against this (as someone did, I can't remember who) that's ridiculous. I'm sorry, but it is. With the exception of the heist scenes themselves, there's no action in that film. Putting Res Dogs up as an example of action is like putting 300 up as an example of scriptwriting.

I agree that Death Proof lost it's 'Grindhouse styling' about halfway through but, IMO, the styling was just a gimmick. The films were grindhouse, the look of the film etc was just from constant (and unprofessional) usage.

Not only is Death Proof the better film IMO, but it's also more like the films it's paying homage to (or ripping off, if you don't like Taratino or the word "homage".) As I like those films, that was one of the big reasons that I prefered Death Proof, its authenticity. You could see that it was made by someone who really knew and loved his subject and then went about recreating those films, adding his own touches, showing what he'd like to see.

As for action, as movieman said, Tarantino films aren't action packed, they're diaglogue packed. Even Kill Bill which, if I remember correctly, had a lot more action in it than his other films was still very dialogue heavy. As for using Reservoir Dogs to argue against this (as someone did, I can't remember who) that's ridiculous. I'm sorry, but it is. With the exception of the heist scenes themselves, there's no action in that film. Putting Res Dogs up as an example of action is like putting 300 up as an example of scriptwriting.
I'm a huge fan of Tarantino.

Really, I just didn't like the first half of Death Proof at all. The second half, though, is my favorite part of both Grindhouse films.

Welcome to the human race...
There are no scenes depicting the actual "heist" in Reservoir Dogs. However, there are two scenes that take place directly after the heist and trail a few of the characters as they make their getaway. In one scene, it's Mr. Pink running from a bunch of cops before eventually hijacking a car and driving off. In the other scene, it has Mr. White, Mr. Orange and Mr. Brown.

In other words, that's your action. But they aren't "heist" scenes at all.

Thank You, Exactly What I Was Trying To Say.

Did I miss something? There were heist scenes in Reservoir Dogs?
Not Really, There Were Two Quick Scenes Of Them Trying To Escape, Iroquois Already Told You Them.

There are no scenes depicting the actual "heist" in Reservoir Dogs. However, there are two scenes that take place directly after the heist and trail a few of the characters as they make their getaway. In one scene, it's Mr. Pink running from a bunch of cops before eventually hijacking a car and driving off. In the other scene, it has Mr. White, Mr. Orange and Mr. Brown.

Even Resevoir Dogs Doesn't Even Have That Much Action In It, Those Two Quick Scenes And Maybe The Very Last Scene Are Really The Only 2 Action Scenes In It.

Sorry for the confusion. This is, as Iroquois deduced, what I meant.