What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I love adding to my collection of DVDs. I like streaming, but I love DVDs better. Last Friday at Walmart I bought ..

A few months ago I bought this at Walmart, but when I opened it last week the case was empty. Did not have the receipt so could not return it. Bummed.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I had a pretty good weekend finding cheap DVDs at garage sales.

At one garage sale, I bought these DVDs for $1 each:
Dances With Wolves - Special Edition
Bernie (with Jack Black)
A League of Their Own

And the complete TV series (Seasons 1 - 6) of "Rescue Me" (with Dennis Leary) for only $7, so I paid $10 total at that garage sale.

And when I bought Madagascar 3 - Europe's Most Wanted for $1 at a different garage sale, the seller threw in Madagascar 2 - Escape 2 Africa for free.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

From Half Price Books for $5.99 a piece. The first two were upgrades from the DVDs I'd just traded in. I went ahead and bought The Ring and asked for a refund on the copy I'd ordered from an eBay seller since it never arrived within its deadline in the first place.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
It was just time to catch up on some deals. These films I can watch multiple times.

Technically this is a VHS, but I think this is an appropriate place for it.

I'm tired of waiting for Francesco Rosi's Lucky Luciano (1973) to get a Region 1 release, so I finally found a decently priced VHS copy. I've been meaning to see this, and Rosi's Salvatore Guliano (1962), which has a criterion release and has been lurking in my DVD queue for quite some time.

Also, another Region 1 release I'm tired of waiting on is Abel Gance's Napoleon (1927); anyone have any info on a North American DVD release date?

Technically this is a VHS, but I think this is an appropriate place for it.

I'm tired of waiting for Francesco Rosi's Lucky Luciano (1973) to get a Region 1 release, so I finally found a decently priced VHS copy. I've been meaning to see this, and Rosi's Salvatore Guliano (1962), which has a criterion release and has been lurking in my DVD queue for quite some time.

Also, another Region 1 release I'm tired of waiting on is Abel Gance's Napoleon (1927); anyone have any info on a North American DVD release date
Why not buy yourself a multi-region DVD player? I think mine cost only $40 or so from Amazon & I could not live without it.

Why not buy yourself a multi-region DVD player? I think mine cost only $40 or so from Amazon & I could not live without it.
Wow, I didn't realize that they were that cheap; something I will have to look investing in. Appreciate the suggestion!

If you can find the hack online it won't cost you anything. Just put the make and model of your dvd player in and look for the code.

I bought the dark knight trilogy special edition on blu ray.

Really excited to dig into the special features.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

I was always interested in this one, so I went ahead and ordered it.

I was actually iffy about this one since the theatrical cut is actually the one I watch over and over again. I eventually decided to get it for the Q&A.