Weird Coincidences

Tools    

I had a weird moment involving Stellan Skarsgård.

He's somewhat of a regular customer in a shop I used to work at, and every time he would come in looking for cream of tartar, we'd be out. And for a while, we couldn't get hold of any, so when we eventually got a large shipment of it, I squirrelled 2 packs away for him in case we sold out before he could get some.

I had JUST thought about that, put it aside, and proceeded to open the shop, when I my first customer coming up the escalator. Yup. Stellan Skarsgård.

So of course, thinking OMG WE HAVE A PSYCHIC CONNECTION, I excitedly inform him we have cream of tartar. He smiled at me and said that's great, but that he's here for orange blossom extract. Which I resignedly told him we were out of stock of. I then added that he had never disappointed me in film but I'm constantly disappointing him with his baking needs, and then he touched me shoulder and told me that it's ok, he knows it's not my fault.

I walked surprisingly well, considering my ovaries exploded.

I excitedly inform him we have cream of tartar. He smiled at me and said that's great, but that he's here for orange blossom extract. Which I resignedly told him we were out of stock of. I then added that he had never disappointed me in film but I'm constantly disappointing him with his baking needs, and then he touched me shoulder and told me that it's ok, he knows it's not my fault.
This is amazing. I'm a happier person knowing something like that took place.

The friend who introduced me to my future husband in NYC emigrated from the Soviet Union on the exact same day I emigrated from England - December 4, 1976. Always thought that was a really weird coincidence.

This one's kind of stupid, but one time after work in the restaurant I went partying at the Melody night club in New Brunswick with a co-worker. So as not to drive home, I stayed over at the guy's apartment nearby, where he lived with his girlfriend. This wasn't a generic apartment inside an apartment building, but a single dwelling overtop a business. A bizarre aspect was the only bathroom in their apartment was inside their bedroom - so when I had to go, I had to walk through their bedroom (and after a night of drinking I had to go!) I'm just glad I wasn't sick that night!

The coincidence happened several years later - I went with my roommate at the time to visit a couple we knew for dinner. (The guy in this couple had been a former roommate of my roommate.) I didn't know where they lived, only that it was in New Brunswick. Turns out, they were in the exact same apartment I'd stayed in years earlier!

And then, a couple years later, this couple ended up moving into the house I was living in - in the apartment over mine.

And then, when they moved out a few years later, I got their apartment!

As a child i fell off a wall, i split my head open so was quite bloody, a guy passing picked me off the floor and took me home. My parents were grateful and thanked him. Few years later my cousin started dating a guy she met at work, turned out that the guy who picked me up was the brother of cousins new boyfriend.

This might just do nobody any good.
Watching the "United Shades of America" episode on the KKK and the first commercial is Oxyclean promising "whiter whites".

18 or so years ago I applied for a job at Continental Airlines (graphics/cad). I phone interviewed twice with a guy who didn't hire me. In April of this year I was looking to hire for my team and called in an applicant for a face to face. Through our discussion we realized that this applicant was the one who didn't hire me at Co-Air. He was very apologetic but I thought it was hilarious how the tables had turned. Of course I hired him because it'd be weird not to and he was the most qualified. I bust on him about it fairly regularly though

18 or so years ago I applied for a job at Continental Airlines (graphics/cad). I phone interviewed twice with a guy who didn't hire me. In April of this year I was looking to hire for my team and called in an applicant for a face to face. Through our discussion we realized that this applicant was the one who didn't hire me at Co-Air. He was very apologetic but I thought it was hilarious how the tables had turned. Of course I hired him because it'd be weird not to and he was the most qualified. I bust on him about it fairly regularly though
Great story! I've always fantasized about this scenario (but where the applicant was a very specific former boss).

great story. be kind to everyone, as you always meet twice in life