The Shoutbox

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Anyone care to explain to a newbie what The Shoutbox is? I don't get it at all.
It's a little chat room. Just random conversations. It's fun - dive in, Stirchley.

It's a little chat room. Just random conversations. It's fun - dive in, Stirchley.
LOL. I'm British - we don't dive in.

LOL. I'm British - we don't dive in.
Don't be shy. Pretend you're Jonathon Pie. I love that guy!!!

*dramatic background music* Many years ago...

...people posted a lot of off-topic stuff in threads, so I created The Shoutbox as a sort of thread/chat room hybrid to house random stuff that didn't really have (or merit) a thread. Post whatever! If a conversation becomes more substantive and/or goes on for awhile, decent chance it'll just get moved into a thread, or a thread will be created for it.

It's gone up and down over the years and I was on the verge of reworking it until an uptick in activity the last few months. Probably still will make some tweaks to it before long, though.

Don't be shy. Pretend you're Jonathon Pie. I love that guy!!!
I live in America & have never heard of this guy. Who Is he?

*dramatic background music* Many years ago...

...people posted a lot of off-topic stuff in threads, so I created The Shoutbox as a sort of thread/chat room hybrid to house random stuff that didn't really have (or merit) a thread. Post whatever! If a conversation becomes more substantive and/or goes on for awhile, decent chance it'll just get moved into a thread, or a thread will be created for it.

It's gone up and down over the years and I was on the verge of reworking it until an uptick in activity the last few months. Probably still will make some tweaks to it before long, though.
So can I just post whatever without trying to follow what the person in front of me posted?

"Don't be shy
Pretend you're Jonathon Pie
I love that guy"

I like this poetic side of you, Dani.

So can I just post whatever without trying to follow what the person in front of me posted?
Yup. The average conversation length in there is probably just a few messages.

I live in America & have never heard of this guy. Who Is he?
He's a british journalist who tells the 'real' news when the camera cuts, but the camera stays on him. He's sensational. I'll get some linkies for you but they need a bad language warning. Not work safe.

"Don't be shy
Pretend you're Jonathon Pie
I love that guy"

I like this poetic side of you, Dani.

OMG I'm a poet and I didn't know it. It's almost haiku, but not quite. Thanks MonnoM!

He's a british journalist who tells the 'real' news when the camera cuts, but the camera stays on him. He's sensational. I'll get some linkies for you but they need a bad language warning. Not work safe.
Don't trouble. Will now go & look myself.