Forgotten/Underrated 90's Movies

Tools    

I've been on a real kick of 90's movies lately. I just rediscovered a few forgotten flicks. Forgot how good "The Ghost and the Darkness" was. And I remember thinking that "Cop Land" was an ok movie when it first came out, and just recently saw the director's cut, which was great! The genre doesn't matter, just wondering what forgotten or underrated 90's movies you guys have loved and would recommend.

Primal fear hands down !!

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
One of the all time great twists.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I wouldn't be surprised, polarizing films tend to finish middle of the pack, while this film is kinda just there with little enthusiasm either way, besides Derek, of course

I also forgot how great "Ransom" was. I re-watched it recently, and it was a great, taut movie.

Probably not forgotten in P.E. classes everywhere (as I remember watching it dozens of times in mine) but -- Rudy -- the 1993 film starring Sean Astin as a guy who desperately wants to get into Notre Dame and play for the Irish -- is absolutely phenomenal. I watched it last night after having not seen it in a long time. I forgot all that happens in it, but remembered things immediately when it happened. This movie is a gem. It should have been on the '90s Countdown. I already wanna watch it again. Do check it out.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	rudy-11.jpg
Views:	1783
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	16749  

In July of 1991, we went to the theatre 8 times to see 8 different movies in 7 days. AMC just started their "Movie Watchers" rewards and we wanted to make sure we got our in... I remember "Regarding Henry" being one of the films..."Dying Young" and "Terminator 2" were films as well we seen.

Palookaville (1995)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

My usual picks for this subject.

The Last Supper

Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead

New Jack City

The Funneral

The Addiction

Nadja

Suture

In The Company Of Men

Airheads

School Ties

Trees Lounge

Lawn Dogs

Heaven And Earth

Living In Oblivion

Miami Blues

Rush

Dolores Claiborne

How To Make An American Quilt

The Crucible

The Waterdance

Washington Square

Looking For Richard

Don Juan DeMarco

Girl On The Bridge

La Reine Margot

Elisa

Bandit Queen

El Mariachi

The Horseman On The Roof

Noce Blanche

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

I come across a lot of people that have never heard of this one. Contains one of my favorite scenes, featuring Hopper and Walken.