Mouthgasms for MoFo foodies

Tools    

I had a whole day of eating junk food... medieval festival and all.
Your iftar video looks superb.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I had a whole day of eating junk food... medieval festival and all.
Your iftar video looks superb.
Just call it a cheat day. Any photos?

Yeah I love this aspect of ramadan. Such a lovely festival.

Just call it a cheat day. Any photos?
The whole village turned into a medieval camp. They sold junk food to tourists and cooked real medieval barbecue between themselves

I like the edition of the herb brush. I applied it today in my barbecue in the garden, with herbs stolen from the neighbor over the fence, but it didn't give any important effect.

Wow looks amazing, but I would have prefered the real food as well. Did they have jousting?

LOL El. This just came up on my feed.

http://winterfest.com.au/

They may have had jousting at the Knight Battle, but I wouldn't know because I went to the Falcon show at the same time. It was a great show, over an ancient rampart. They trained falcon, eagles, owls and 2 other kinds of birds. The birds were hypnotically beautiful, and the moment they whooped 1 inch over everybody's head was breathless.

LOL El. This just came up on my feed.

http://winterfest.com.au/
Sydney medieval fair! That sounds exciting. Their trailer looks great, with even a unicorn.

Sydney medieval fair! That sounds exciting. Their trailer looks great, with even a unicorn.
I missed the unicorn. I was too busy freaking out how that came up as soon as I saw your post lol. The falconry I would love to see.

The feed came up because, obviously, your internet browser were spying on what you read
The world is a perilous place.

The feed came up because, obviously, your internet browser were spying on what you read
The world is a perilous place.
I try not to think about it. It curls my hair.

One of my friends shared it - just uncanny timing as I was scrolling while look for more eid photos for you. That turkish coffee one above is beautiful.

It was beautiful indeed. But it reminds me that I forget to try any Turkish coffee in Istanbul!

It was beautiful indeed. But it reminds me that I forget to try any Turkish coffee in Istanbul!
So good. Quite expensive compared to regular coffee, though.

Last night's dinner. I OD'd on garlic

I love garlic shrimp!
And guacamole too.
You're eating them right, Dani.

For my part I had some fried and grilled dumpling that my friends made:

(Google photo)

I love making dumplings. What did your friend put in them, El? Going to have a momo making party with my two 'adopted' nepali friends down the road.

They put pork and vegetable in, mostly. I make dumpling sometimes but all alone, and eat it alone in front of BCSaul
Yum yum.

Quite meditative getting them to look right.

I had some left over puff pastry, but didn't have enough meat pie ingredients.
So I just threw anything I can think of in: taro, dried shittake mushroom, onion, milk (oh yes), fish sauce (oh yeah), bacon, a tiny egg, no cheese.
The result is surprisingly good, and healthy. I didn't leave any crumble of it.
Bonus point: especially good if eating it together with the kasundi sauce that you taught me.