News

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Maybe because it was convenient to where he was at the time and he knew it would be full at Ramadan. Stop excusing it because of something you found in a blog.

Maybe because it was convenient to where he was at the time and he knew it would be full at Ramadan. Stop excusing it because of something you found in a blog.
Your saying that it was convenient to where he was is prefixed by 'maybe' , which indicates that you yourself are not sure .

Many mosques are full in Ramadan.

I was deliberately searching for such blogs because 10 15 years ago I remember hearing of the mosque' s notoriety.

Of course I saidMaybe because I'm not sure what was going through a lunatic's head unlike you who claims it is Obvious.

Deary me.

Of course I saidMaybe because I'm not sure what was going through a lunatic's head unlike you who claims it is Obvious.

Deary me.
Well, I did find support of a blog to back my claims .

Lol.

In other news, NASA is really making headlines lately. More planets that might support water discovered.

OK , then I should have said it WAS a centre of radical jehadi activities not IS . But this does not change the reason the mosque was targeted . It was targeted because of it's controversial past .
This is part of the problem tho isn't it, not just you Ashdoc but in general. It's not fake news, it's old news which has been superceded quite a few years ago now. There was actually a hate filled radical cleric preaching there called Abu Hamza in the late 90s early 2000s until he was imprisoned in the UK and then extradited to the US where he's serving life.

The same tabloid press who in the UK worked themselves up into full blown outrage when Hamza appealed to the European Court of Human Rights against his extradition, didn't seem to find it newsworthy that a few years later the mosque could shake off the bully boy tactics of the likes of Hamza and turn themselves into a community asset.
Perhaps if the press could report such news then people could use the information to get a more balanced view. Maybe Darren Osborne could've made a better choice, maybe he might've been able to see that, y'know what? - there's more that unites us than divides us.

Why the heck has this sweet puppy been returned to this P.O.G.?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eat-owner.html

I dont know what this tabloid is but wow, pretty tacky, Johnny. What on earth was he thinking.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...tion-joke.html

Now here‘s something interesting: apparently many other tower blocks in London have been found to have the same type of dangerous cladding that destroyed the Grenfell Tower. So much so that they are evacuating residents from these towers. I guess that puts paid to the theory that the cladding was only added because the Kensington and Chelsea "rich" wanted to prettify the Tower? Unless, of course, there are many "rich" residents in all London boroughs who got their councils to spend millions on cladding for all of these towers just because they were an eyesore...

http://news.sky.com/story/tower-bloc...tests-10925792

Oh dear. Think I would pee my pantalones, but it has a happy ending.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/25/as...sue/index.html

I guess that puts paid to the theory that the cladding was only added because the Kensington and Chelsea "rich" wanted to prettify the Tower?
See paragraph 5 of yesterday's front page story in The New York Times.

https://nyti.ms/2tZHBqu

See paragraph 5 of yesterday's front page story in The New York Times.

https://nyti.ms/2tZHBqu
Damn, hit the wrong button again, I must have thick fingers, lol!

Survivors have charged that the facade was installed to beautify their housing project for the benefit of wealthy neighbors.

Right, so I guess if the survivors have made a charge it follows that it absolutely must be true? Were the survivors in on the council meetings that decided on which type of cladding they used an de why? Were they council members? If this is true then why was the same type of material used in over 70 other towers all over Britain? They wanted to beautify them all? Seriously? You think councils are willing to spend millions of pounds just because some residents wanted to "beautify" an eyesore? Seems to me like one of those rumour someone started to vilify the "stinking rich". All the other newspaper articles I've read mostly mention the need to use cladding to make the towers more energy efficient and to protect the outer walls from inclement weather as most of these towers are fairly old. It's not called rain cladding for nothing.

Damn, hit the wrong button again, I must have thick fingers, lol!

Survivors have charged that the facade was installed to beautify their housing project for the benefit of wealthy neighbors.

Right, so I guess if the survivors have made a charge it follows that it absolutely must be true? Were the survivors in on the council meetings that decided on which type of cladding they used an de why? Were they council members? If this is true then why was the same type of material used in over 70 other towers all over Britain? They wanted to beautify them all? Seriously? You think councils are willing to spend millions of pounds just because some residents wanted to "beautify" an eyesore? Seems to me like one of those rumour someone started to vilify the "stinking rich". All the other newspaper articles I've read mostly mention the need to use cladding to make the towers more energy efficient and to protect the outer walls from inclement weather as most of these towers are fairly old. It's not called rain cladding for nothing.
Wplains, you are flogging this horse to death. I'm simply quoting from The New York Times. I guess you know better than the people who actually lived in the building.

Wplains, you are flogging this horse to death. I'm simply quoting from The New York Times. I guess you know better than the people who actually lived in the building.
I was just responding to your post since you called attention to the NYT article. How is that "flogging" anything? 😳

Why would people who are tenants in a council building be privy to decisions taken by said Council? I rent an office in an office building - my landlord doesn't consult me when he takes decisions about the whole building unless it affects my space directly. And even then he will inform me of what they want to do not how or why they reached their decisions.

I was just responding to your post since you called attention to the NYT article. How is that "flogging" anything? 😳
You once again brought up the subject of cladding so I was responding to your post. You are flogging the subject to death in this thread like you did in my original thread on the fire. But, go ahead. Freedom of expression & all that.

You once again brought up the subject of cladding so I was responding to your post. You are flogging the subject to death in this thread like you did in my original thread on the fire. But, go ahead. Freedom of expression & all that.
I will thanks. You are free to have your opinion as I am to have mine -- no problem there!

PS- You had an original thread about the fire? I don't really notice who starts what thread so please don't take it personally.

I'm not questioning that you did start the thread. I just didn't remember who started it as it makes no difference to me. I don't really know many people on this forum - as I've not been here very long.