What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Because it was only $27.99 on Amazon, and Walmart matched their price with FREE SHIPPING!

Cary Grant: The Vault Collection - Cary Grant: The Vault Collection focuses on the first 5 years of his career where the man born as Archibald Leach transforms into the iconic persona of Cary Grant that he is associated with today.

Featuring 18 films released between 1932 and 1936, the collection showcases the actor as he perfects his comedic timing and stretches his dramatic skills in a variety of roles alongside such Hollywood legends as Marlene Dietrich, Mae West, Sylvia Sidney, Charles Laughton, Gary Cooper, Randolph Scott and Fredric March. Including his feature film debut, This Is the Night, as well as several Pre-Code dramas and comedies plus 5 films never before available to own, Cary Grant: The Vault Collection is a rare look at the origins of a man who once famously remarked "Everyone wants to be Cary Grant. Even I want to be Cary Grant."

Films Include: This Is the Night (1932); Devil and the Deep (1932); Blonde Venus (1932); Hot Saturday (1932); Madame Butterfly* (1932); She Done Him Wrong (1933); The Woman Accused* (1933); The Eagle and the Hawk (1933); Gambling Ship* (1933); I’m No Angel (1933); Thirty Day Princess (1934); Kiss and Make-Up (1934); Ladies Should Listen* (1934); Enter Madame!* (1935); Wings in the Dark (1935); The Last Outpost (1935); Big Brown Eyes (1936); Wedding Present (1936) *Previously Not Available to Own

Got an Amazon gift card from my brother and decided to expand my animation collection:

Anomalisa

Kubo and the Two Strings (blind buy)

The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under

Whether it be via gift or gift card, here are the movies I got for Christmas.

Once Upon a Time in America (blu-ray)

Pieces (upgrade to blu-ray)

Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (DVD)

Eden Lake (DVD)

Cannibal Holocaust (upgrade to blu-ray)

Sleepaway Camp (blu-ray/DVD)

Cat People (blu-ray)

The Last House on the Left (original - upgrade to blu-ray)

Corruption (blu-ray/DVD)

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (blu-ray)

Der Todesking (blu-ray)

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I bought four films at Family Video for five dollars. Good deal, I'd say. I bought Crimson Peak (a solid film from Del Toro, very stylish. This film seemed to get mixed reviews, but I liked it more than Pans or The Devil's Backbone.), Reign Over Me (along with Funny People, this exhibits just how capable Adam Sandler is as an actor.), The Wrestler (extremely good film. Highly recommended.), and Moonrise Kingdom (haven't seen, been meaning to watch more Wes Anderson though).

I bought four films at Family Video for five dollars. Good deal, I'd say. I bought Crimson Peak (a solid film from Del Toro, very stylish. This film seemed to get mixed reviews, but I liked it more than Pans or The Devil's Backbone.), Reign Over Me (along with Funny People, this exhibits just how capable Adam Sandler is as an actor.), The Wrestler (extremely good film. Highly recommended.), and Moonrise Kingdom (haven't seen, been meaning to watch more Wes Anderson though).
re: Crimson Peak. Right on! That's my fave del Toro actually.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
300: Rise of an Empire (2014)
I selfishly got it for Eva Green and that awesome spine armour. Headey is still there, but, in what seems to be a lesser role.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

The Aviator is actually one of my favorite films.

I first discovered Paper Moon in my Film Study class, and I have been meaning to revisit it ever since. I liked it a fair bit.

The last DVD I bought was The Terminal, as a Christmas gift because by boyfriend looks for it every single time we're in a DVD shop but it never seems to be there.

Next one I intend to buy is another gift... either The West Wing box set or Game of Thrones box set. Undecided.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Got this from Best Buy since I miss the first half-hour whenever I see it on cable and I really like everything that comes after. Seeing it in its original R-rated form from beginning to end without commercials should be... interesting to say the least. Also, why isn't Free Fallin' on the included soundtrack CD?

The Rocker
Big

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
Psycho!

Technically I don't buy DVD'S

I got used to having no discs for my Xbox, so I went discless and download all my movies on xbox

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Went to Goodwill and was shocked to find they had Bollywood DVDs so I picked these up:

Chandni Chowk to China - Bollywood kung fu comedy starring Akshay Kumar
3 Idiots - comedy/drama starring Aamir Khan
Raavan - action drama starring Abhishek Bachchan and his wife, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani - legal drama starring Shah Rukh Khan
America! America!! - drama starring Akshay Anand

Also picked up
Hard Boiled
Lost Boys: The Tribe
2 movie set: Fearless Fighter and Fury of the Shaolin Temple

The People's Republic of Clogher

Everyone needs some Cox.