The secret world of Arrietty
Toy Story 3
A letter to Momo
Ernest & Celèstine
It's such a beautiful day
Wolf children
The garden of words
The wind rises
Nice diversified list featuring a mix of western and Japanese animation. I like that you appear to have more diversified taste than I do as well (I watched Tangled and Alice in the Wonderland because you loved both but I couldn't get into either). I have watched all except a couple (Coraline, A Town Called Panic, Animal Farm, Vampires in Havana!).

You listed the three PMMM movies as either 4.5/5 and 5/5 in MAL. Why they are not here? Too niche in terms of taste? Also The Disappearance of Hahuri Suzumia is not there even though you listed it in your top 30 animated films list. Well, I guess otaku animation is not adequate to the tastes of movie fans though I still listed the hardcore otaku titles in my top 40 list I posted here.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
It's not top ten worthy or anything but Highlander: The Search for Vengeance is pretty good and The Prince of Egypt is well worth checking out.

I can't find a trailer but Where the Wind Blows is a touching and ultimately upsetting story of a lovely elderly couple who, having lived through WW2 when they were young, expect an upcoming nuclear attack to be survivable . It has humour in its characters, the very believable Jim and Hilda, and the silly little squabbles married couples have set against the enormity of the destruction coming their way. Raymond Briggs wrote the graphic novel, as well as much loved childrens classics like The Snowman, Father Christmas and Fungus the Bogeyman

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I can't find a trailer but Where the Wind Blows is a touching and ultimately upsetting story of a lovely elderly couple who, having lived through WW2 when they were young, expect an upcoming nuclear attack to be survivable . It has humour in its characters, the very believable Jim and Hilda, and the silly little squabbles married couples have set against the enormity of the destruction coming their way. Raymond Briggs wrote the graphic novel, as well as much loved childrens classics like The Snowman, Father Christmas and Fungus the Bogeyman

Is that called "When the Wind Blows" (1986)?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090315/reference

I just finished Waltz With Bashir.

Holy Crap. I didn't really have any expectations of it when I started it, but I definitely wasn't prepared to be moved by it like that. It's a really deeply affecting, thought provoking look at the traumas of war. People need to give it a watch before submitting their lists for the countdown.

I'm trying to figure out where to put it on my ballot. It's so vastly different from everything else that I just don't know how to rank it among the others.

Currently in my top 20 animated films Very good movie.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Oh Miss Vicky! You just made my week.
I've heard it mentioned a bit on this list in favorable ways, so I'm hoping it will make the list.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I watched A Town Called Panic which was quite funny and unique (but possibly also went on a bit too long). It's definitely worth a watch.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Here are a couple of animated movies I like that probably don't have much chance of making the list, but I want to recommend anyway:

Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

This is basically a music video, but for a whole album rather than one song, based on Daft Punk's album 'Discovery'. It starts off slow, with an animated band giving a fairly static performance of the first song, but turns into a story of adventure, kidnap, space travel and the evil music industry. There is no dialogue, the music and the images complement each other brilliantly to tell the story. There are lots of great little details in this film. This will definitely be high on my list.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

I don't know that this film would make much sense without having played the game. I'm not sure that it's even a good film on its own merits, without the weight of hours and hours spent playing and loving the game behind it. Even with that it doesn't approach the levels of awesome that the game possessed. But it's probably the closest thing to it you can get.

Since its already been said, I want to second all Hayao Miyazaki movies, especially:

Totoro
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Ponyo

Their animation and stories are immaculate and hopefully inspirational to future generations of animated movies.

My watchlist for the countdown (a few of them are re-watches):

Waltz with Bashir
Fantastic Mr. Fox
How to Train Your Dragon
Pinocchio
Yellow Submarine
Persopolis
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Nightmare Before Christmas
The Iron Giant
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbour Tortoro
A Scanner Darkly
Waking Life
Akira
Metropolis
Howl’s Moving Castle
Millenium Actress
The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie
Ghost in the Shell
Animal Farm
When the Wind Blows
Fantastic Planet
Grave of the Fireflies
It’s Such a Beautiful Day

Bill Plymton shorts

I probably won't manage to watch them all before the deadline. So any recommendations on where to start will be appreciated. I already plan on watching Waltz with Bashir either tonight or tomorrow.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My watchlist for the countdown (a few of them are re-watches):

Pinocchio
Yellow Submarine
Nightmare Before Christmas
The Iron Giant
A Scanner Darkly
The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie

Waltz with Bashir
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbour Tortoro
Akira
Grave of the Fireflies

I probably won't manage to watch them all before the deadline. So any recommendations on where to start will be appreciated. I already plan on watching Waltz with Bashir either tonight or tomorrow.

Most people probably won't agree with me, but those are my choices from your list.

The top section I've already seen. The bottom section are the ones that I haven't seen yet, but they're on my watchlist, and I have high hopes for them.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I watched Spirited Away and Mononoke. I have Totoro ready to watch. What next from Ghibli?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.