Your favorite obscure or semi-obscure movies.

Tools    

Never met him.

Man Bites Dog. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Bites_Dog_(film)

Rented it from the indie foreign section at my ol' local video store and even as a teen thought it was brilliant and hilarious. It's a B&W french film from the early 90s I think and is about a documentary crew who goes around recording a day in the life of a serial killer. It's quite absurd at times and eventually they find themselves wrapped up in his killings, all in the name of filming their movie. It's kinda ahead of it's time when you think about it as it's a found footage movie with ah heavy focus on celebrity and our " unhealthy reality" crave when it comes to entertainment.

The human Mark f died 5 years ago. His body is mostly mechanical now, and his brain is posotronic - holding a massive archive of films old, new, and not yet made. He is also capable of interplanetary travel, can read whilst blindfolded, and can switch TV channels with his eyes.

The human Mark f died 5 years ago. His body is mostly mechanical now, and his brain is posotronic - holding a massive archive of films old, new, and not yet made. He is also capable of interplanetary travel, can read whilst blindfolded, and can switch TV channels with his eyes.
You're pulling my leg. >.> No one can read blindfolded!

Go Tell the Spartans (1978), starring Burt Lancaster. Not as good as Charley Verrick, but still pretty good.
There are a couple of other 1970 movies that I would like to recommend, if they could only be seen as originally conceived and with all the footage that was once available.
Valdez Is Coming (1971), also starring Lancaster, is unfortunately only available in the hacked-up version that was originally released in North America. Back in the 1970s, I saw a much longer version (in one fairly long scene, Lancaster carefully pours melted beef tallow into shotgun shells, so that the pellets won't disperse so much when he shoots his enemies at long range).
They Might be Giants (1971), starring George C. Scott and Joanne Woodward, is now available in almost complete version. My favourite part of the film, where Jack Gilford tells Scott about his college days, is still missing, however.

I've never met anyone who's seen or even heard of my favorite movie.
Ink, I remember that nose... was not too keen on that but did enjoy their next film The Frame.

Ink, I remember that nose... was not too keen on that but did enjoy their next film The Frame.
The Frame was a big disappointment. It dropped the ball in a lot of different ways.

I wrote a big review criticizing it and sent it to the creators. :P

Man Bites Dog. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Bites_Dog_(film)

Rented it from the indie foreign section at my ol' local video store and even as a teen thought it was brilliant and hilarious. It's a B&W french film from the early 90s I think and is about a documentary crew who goes around recording a day in the life of a serial killer. It's quite absurd at times and eventually they find themselves wrapped up in his killings, all in the name of filming their movie. It's kinda ahead of it's time when you think about it as it's a found footage movie with ah heavy focus on celebrity and our " unhealthy reality" crave when it comes to entertainment.
In my top ten, so I naturally agree with this. It's great. Go and get it seen.

Vanishing Act (1986). *only on vhs*
After Hours (1985)
Death Trap (1982)
Ghost World (2001)
Panic (2000)

Great thread! I'm always looking for obscure gems

Ain't Misbehavin' (1955)
All the Way to Paris (1966)
Days of Gray (2013)
Détruisez-vous (1969)
The Faith Club (2017)
I am a Good Person/I Am a Bad Person (2011)
Leap 4 Your Life (2013)
Murder Made Easy (2017)
Nose to Tail (2018)
Wexford Plaza (2016)
Sophie's Place (1986)
Todo un caballero (1947)