The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I didn't realize that Steam came out with its own version of the Switch (I forget the name offhand). Since buying my Switch, I've sometimes wondered if the Steam console would have let me play more of the games I already play anyway. Most of my gaming these days comes through Steam.

But I'm not curious enough to buy a second, similar console.
It's funny you should mention Steam as I came across that platform today and downloaded it in order to play Trackmania, a racing game. I'd love to get the Switch but it's so late in the game (no pun intended) that I will probably just wait until Switch 2 comes out. No sense in buying an expensive console that might become obsolete in a year.

The Adventure Starts Here!
It's funny you should mention Steam as I came across that platform today and downloaded it in order to play Trackmania, a racing game. I'd love to get the Switch but it's so late in the game (no pun intended) that I will probably just wait until Switch 2 comes out. No sense in buying an expensive console that might become obsolete in a year.
Agreed. I'm currently contemplating ditching my Oculus Rift (with the cords and three corded sensors that are tough to set up in the right spots) for a Quest. Mulling the pros and cons, but including the differences now between the first and second Quest.

“Oh great! Real Bullets!”
Currently playing: Red Dead Online (PS5)

After doing just about everything in Red Dead Redemption 2, I decided to go online and kill people!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Baldur's Gate 3
After a few weeks out, the group was able to meeting for about 2.5 hours in Baldur's Gate 3 last night. That session was BUGGY! In two different discussion encounters, the character would just stop talking leaving us locked within a conversation that would not move forward. Two of us couldn't exit the screen, leaving us all logging out of the game group to return. This resolved the issue, but it played out again during a return to camp rest cutscene. Another issue played out during combat, in which one of the enemies was on the earth above the underground care structure most everyone else was in. For every turn that required that character to act, our screens would turn black, show a loading icon for 3-5 seconds, before the camera jumped to another character. So weird. We all disabled by the dynamic battle camera from our settings and that was the end of that but wow, that was confusing.

I'd say at least an hour of our session was dedicated to dialogue. Old wizard dude can chat it up.

I have no scale of where we are in the progress of the story, but we saved in a tavern space in which one of our characters had to drink poison to get information. I'm not sure if we got anything from that effort as I could not listen in to that conversation, but we spent a good 15 minutes there. *fingers crossed*

lol.

I'm sure this reads as a complaint. It's not at all. Just noticing odd details still.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Pacific Drive
Anyone tried this one yet? Visuals make me think of the CONTROL universe, but seems more playful.

Interesting behind the scenes:

I'm thinking of getting the South Park game even though its getting ripped to shreds in the reviews.

I enjoyed the two RPGs they put out, but man, yeah, it does not look good to me. I hadn't heard any reviews but I just didn't/don't understand the switch to this slash genre stuff. That and it's just visually ugly. The benefits of the RPG were, in part, that it could look exactly like the show.