The fly, one of the best sci-fi thrillers

→ in
Tools    

it's the 80s at it's best, and one of david cronenbergs' best efforts in sci-fi, and a very emotional finale, have your say,.

I remember seeing it at the movies; the whole audience was into it. I like several movies from that director, but The Fly is my favorite by far.

It's really good. But I would classify it as mainly horror.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love The Fly but as I have a type of phobia about finger nails and toe nails coming off etc This film didnt do my stomach very well with the scenes of his nails coming off

Not much to add here. Cronenberg's 'love' for human flesh can be difficult to watch at times, but it means he creates some great, unsettling horrors. I prefer Videodrome which truly left me feeling uncomfortable, but no doubt they're both top horror films for me

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
I love Cronenberg movies, though i would categorize this as Horror, more specifically 'Body Horror', of which he is a master of.

I love The Fly but as I have a type of phobia about finger nails and toe nails coming off etc This film didnt do my stomach very well with the scenes of his nails coming off
I can't watch the Fly again cos it made me feel sick too. I can watch most things but I don't like sickening noises and that film is full of yucky sticky crackling and creaking organic sounds...blerg!

it's the 80s at it's best, and one of david cronenbergs' best efforts in sci-fi, and a very emotional finale, have your say,.
LOVED this movie...one of those rare instances where I preferred the remake to the original...Goldblum was brilliant.

It's a great film. Jeff Goldblum in particular is fantastic.

The Fly>Alien

Yes, I said it...
Comparison with Alien isn't unwarranted although I think the effects in Alien edge it.