CiCi's Top Ten "Battle of the Sexes"

Tools    

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
It took until #2 on your list, but there's finally a movie that I've seen. I'm not sure that I would consider that one of the greatest fights. but The Avengers is definitely a great movie.
I remember thinking it was great when I first saw it, but I totally agree, don't know what the heck I was thinking putting it so high

Master of My Domain
A lot of great choices so far. I like how most of your choices come from martial arts movies, and that's awesome because so many sex vs. sex battles come from those films. Was expecting a more generic list but you're doing a great job.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
A lot of great choices so far. I like how most of your choices come from martial arts movies, and that's awesome because so many sex vs. sex battles come from those films. Was expecting a more generic list but you're doing a great job.
Thanks very much Gatsby!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Before the big reveal, I thought I'd go through some of the fights that didn't quite make the cut.

Kristanna Loken vs Big Arnie (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - 2003)

Uma Thurman vs Gordon Liu (Kill Bill vol.2 - 2004)

Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson vs Alexander Ludwig (The Hunger Games - 2012)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Jesus, CiCi, watch some Pei Pei films from her youth. Much, much better than Crouching Tiger...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Jesus, CiCi, watch some Pei Pei films from her youth. Much, much better than Crouching Tiger...
I fully intend to! Sadly, I wasn't aware of her work when I made this list! Some of her films look amazing though, and I'm dying to find out how she earned the title "The Queen of Swords"!

And I loved Crouching Tiger so those films must be magnificent thanks Minio!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Come Drink with Me and Lady Hermit (333333333333333) are my recommendations.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Come Drink with Me and Lady Hermit (333333333333333) are my recommendations.
Those were the ones that caught my eye when looking through her IMDb credits, can't wait!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Okay, here it is everyone! What is, in my opinion, the greatest battle of the sexes fight! It's...

1. Patricia Arquette vs James Gandolfini (True Romance - 1993)

Okay, I did say this was a Tarantino fight, and it is and it isn't. Tarantino wrote this film, and you can tell a mile off that he did by looking at this scene alone, but it was Tony Scott who actually directed it. I also credit this film for presenting probably the most brutal and violent depiction against women in a film, it's shocking stuff. Nevertheless, Arquette's contagiously sweet call girl, Alabama, manages to infect the cold hearted hit man, Virgil, and when he offers her a free strike, all hell breaks loose, and Alabama gives it her absolute all.

Yeah, I remember that one to be pretty cool^^ congrats on finishing another list. Now you have already made more than me!

I could feel throughout this probably wasn't as easy to do as the cat fight list, since there weren't many fights like this out there and not many great ones.

But still, I enjoyed following it and I look forward to whatever you will be doing in the future!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Yeah, I remember that one to be pretty cool^^ congrats on finishing another list. Now you have already made more than me!

I could feel throughout this probably wasn't as easy to do as the cat fight list, since there weren't many fights like this out there and not many great ones.

But still, I enjoyed following it and I look forward to whatever you will be doing in the future!
Yeah but yours was so much more incredibly detailed and a contender for thread of the year! I hope you come up with many more, because that one was really great!

It was really difficult, because like you said, there are not a lot of these at all, but it was the number one fight that inspired me to look for more!

And thanks so much, I think I'll do a Scream Queen list next, but probably not for a long while

Master of My Domain
Uma Thurman vs. Gordon Liu should have made your list.

Nevermind, at least your number one pick is superb. I love that movie. Congrats on finishing your list.

I only know Uma and arnie ones. I think my fave is Sharon. Which movie is the quote 'let's fight like...men' I don't know, but that was one hell of a fight. I think she won...

But at first I thought this is a psychological battle, like adam's rib and countless others...is there a thread on that?

Originally Posted by CiCi
I think I'll do a Scream Queen list next, but probably not for a long while
Fay Wray & Jamie Lee Curtis!

She's been married to Christopher Guest for 31 years. That is rare as hell, in Hollywood. What am I saying!?! That's rare anywhere. They are both very pretty. Jamie looks great for her age, and so far, no facelifts. Thank God!

OK, that's all!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I only know Uma and arnie ones. I think my fave is Sharon. Which movie is the quote 'let's fight like...men' I don't know, but that was one hell of a fight. I think she won...

But at first I thought this is a psychological battle, like adam's rib and countless others...is there a thread on that?
I have no idea where that quote comes from sadly surprisingly though, men won more frequently than women in this list.

Psychological would be very difficult to measure I think, and it would be very subjective too, so it'd be quite a mammoth task!

Fay Wray & Jamie Lee Curtis!

She's been married to Christopher Guest for 31 years. That is rare as hell, in Hollywood. What am I saying!?! That's rare anywhere. They are both very pretty. Jamie looks great for her age, and so far, no facelifts. Thank God!

OK, that's all!
And the daughter of Janet Leigh

But yes, I included both of them on a "preliminary list" as it were

Can't believe Kill Bill final scene isn't your first place!

Good list nevertheless!
I thought it was quite a goofy fight, and her "fights" with Budd and Bill were almost non-existent. I'm sorry!

Glad you liked it overall though!

I have no idea where that quote comes from sadly surprisingly though, men won more frequently than women in this list.

Psychological would be very difficult to measure I think, and it would be very subjective too, so it'd be quite a mammoth task!
I think it's from a movie in a jail or something. Do you think women fight better? And maybe are even physically stronger? I know it sounds strange, but maybe potentially?

nah, i'll start it

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I thought it was quite a goofy fight, and her "fights" with Budd and Bill were almost non-existent. I'm sorry!

Glad you liked it overall though!
It's not about the fight, it's the tension of the dialogue before! That what makes it a legendary scene!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I think it's from a movie in a jail or something. Do you think women fight better? And maybe are even physically stronger? I know it sounds strange, but maybe potentially?

nah, i'll start it
I should probably mention first that I am a huge feminist, and I have no room for misogynists, that's something I cannot stand at all.
On the whole though if you took an average man and an average woman, the man would probably be physically stronger, and would probably win. However, there are always exceptions, and there are plenty of women in the world today who could knock down any man. But I think men and women fight largely the same, I mean they're trained in the same martial arts. I also think in films, women tend to be more intelligent and elegant (like in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon although I don't think that's necessarily a reflection of real life though? At least in the 1940s they were

I think you should too, it's be really interesting!

I should probably mention first that I am a huge feminist, and I have no room for misogynists, that's something I cannot stand at all.
On the whole though if you took an average man and an average woman, the man would probably be physically stronger, and would probably win. However, there are always exceptions, and there are plenty of women in the world today who could knock down any man. But I think men and women fight largely the same, I mean they're trained in the same martial arts. I also think in films, women tend to be more intelligent and elegant (like in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon although I don't think that's necessarily a reflection of real life though? At least in the 1940s they were

I think you should too, it's be really interesting!
Wait a minute-you're a woman? May I ask why are you a huge feminist? I must say I find physical strength in women hot as hell. yeah, who do you think is smarter? I think women are...