WARCRAFT Gets Release Date

Tools    

Um...cool?

Will it be based on the Warcraft game stories, or something original? I've only played Warcraft 3 and WOW, but the story in Warcraft 3 was really good.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
It will be based on the first two Warcraft games, Orcs vs Humans and Tides of Darkness which in my opinion with what they are trying to go for has the most to offer in terms of story.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
The games are dated for sure, they were birds eye RTS games which even today is still fun to play IMO. The plot unfolded as you progressed through different missions with cutscenes depicting bigger story advances. Plus i also believe that there are some books that came out when these games were new that was filled with warcraft lore.

Yeah, just checked out some screenshots of it. I really loved Blizzard's RTS games, they're just hours of entertainment. I know there's still Starcraft, but I wish they would make another Warcraft game, somehow.

I lost chunks of my life to the MMO, In a haze of mountain dew and ramen noodles.. It still has a large following but this movie seems to be coming a few years to late.

Good point. I remember the days when WOW was the biggest thing ever. It was right around the time South Park made that epic parody. Nowadays, I don't hear much about it at all. I know in the newest expansion, they added some Panda race, but that's about it.

I go back to it every now and again and haven't been compelled to stay and play it. It still has a large installed userbase that I think will give the movie a strong push. I look forward to see the fanbois reaction to this when released. I sense a lot of hurt feelings to be had in the WOW forumns. lol

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
If they dont use Lich King they are idiots...Story in Warcraft 3 was AWESOME! and ending,well ending is epic!I think it will be cool,but what worries me is that Blizzard only thinks how to get more money,that could make movie suck!If they use it to promote wow or something like that,i hope they wont to that...

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
I played a s#!tload of Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness with my friends back in the day. Geez, it was a lot of fun! Almost makes me want to go find a copy of it again.

A Warcraft movie? Maybe I'll see it on blueray. Maybe.