Most Quoted/Referenced

Tools    

In cinema, what movies and quotes are referenced the most?

What do movies and quotes do you personally reference the most?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
In Jaws, the scene where the men aboard the Orca compare their scars has been referenced and parodied dozens of times.

I probably quote Richard Pryor Live in Concert and Jaws more than any other movies, but that's because I'm OLDE.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Me and my friends reference Wedding Crashers quotes and The Hangover quotes all too much

I use a lot of quotes from Man on Fire as well

I remember back in the day Arnold (wont attempt to spell his last name) was quoted all the time with 'I'll be back'.

Personally for some reason I quote alot from the movie big stan which I found too funny.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The Godfather gets quoted a whole lot I've seen, and Scarface.

I'm going to have to start quoting more popular movies, cause i don't like the purple silence after an obscure quote that the person didn't get... yikes

"photographers" Pfft! Dang single framers!
Make my day!
Feel lucky, punk?

Carpenters I work with will use the phrase "I'm off to see the Wizard" (toilet reference)

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I quote too many movies to keep track. Lol. But I think The Godfather is probably the most referenced movie. That or Casablanca

Overall, I'd say Casablanca.

I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.
I think The Godfather and Scarface are the most quoted in general. (High five, Pacino!)

My personal favs are Closer, Fight Club and once again Scarface

"-What would my euphemism be?
-She was... disarming.
-That's not an euphemism!
-Yes, it is."

Damn it, this made me wanna watch it once more!

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Wizard of Oz..."I'll get you my pretty...."

Godfather: "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse...."

My ex and I used to quote The Untouchables a lot. I'm sure we were like the only ones, but we loved that movie. One of our favs: "I want him dead! I want his family dead!"

I've been known to yell "Frodo!" at random moments.

Female Jungle Poster
In Jaws, the scene where the men aboard the Orca compare their scars has been referenced and parodied dozens of times.
"We're gonna need a bigger boat."

I've heard variations of that line in lots of sitcoms, too.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

I get calls from ex-coworkers to go have coffee at "Chochkies". They call me on the phone and drawl "Hey Peter, how's it going". (My name isn't Peter) My cubicle is in "Storage B".