my top 10 drug abuse movies

Tools    

Movies about drugs are always a bit special.
They bathe in this very peculiar atmosphere, they take you to a world you didn't even know it existed.
These movies tell the crazy but realistic stories of people getting slowly a slave of drugs and how drugs can destroy your life.
This is my ultimate top 10 of drug abuse/addiction movies and I highly reccomend everybody to go watch some of them!

1. Requiem for a dream

The drug-induced utopias of four Coney Island individuals are shattered when their addictions become stronger.

This is for sure the best drug abuse movie that's ever been made. It really showes how four people are slowly
becoming more and more addicted, not realising that they are destroying their lives.

Quote: Somebody like you can really make things all right for me.

2. Trainspotting

Renton (McGregor), a twenty-something junkie, is deeply immersed in the Edinburgh drug scene. He must choose to clean up and get out,
or continue following the allure of the drugs and the influence of friends.

Excellent movie showing (and a great soundtrack) a young man that's struggling to get out of the Edingburgh drug scene.
Outstanding movie with also alot of humor.

Quote: Take the best orgasm you've ever had... multiply it by a thousand, and you're still nowhere near it.

3. Christiane F.

Helmed by director Uli Edel, this West German coming-of-age drama is the tale of an aimless teen-aged girl, played by Natja Brunkhorst.
In search of kicks, Brunkhorst falls in with junkie/pusher Thomas Haustein.

I haven't yet seen the movie but I've bin told it's a very heavy and touching movie. This is a movie I'm definaltelly planning to see in the near future.

Quote: No, no way in hell, the guys everything I stand against, I hate him, I physically cant stand the guy, in fact Im
in two minds to drop-kick the vintage Mini DV camcorder out his hands but I suppose even then he would use the footage and call it Man Kicks Twat.

4. traffic

A look at America's war on drugs from three intricately woven stories: The new U.S. drug czar whose battle hits close to home when he finds out his daughter is an addict;
A trophy wife who discovers her husband's real business when he is arrested and the DEA agents assigned to protect the star witness against him;
and a Mexican police officer who discovers that the corrupt system may include his new boss.

Quote: If there is a war on drugs, then many of our family members are the enemy. And I don't know how you wage war on your own family.

5. The Basketball Diaries

Film adaptation of street tough Jim Carroll's epistle about his kaleidoscopic free fall into the harrowing world of drug addiction.

Quote: Just my own naked self and the stars breathing down, it's beautiful.

6. Scarface

Miami 1980, Tony Montana takes over a drug cartel and is resolute to make it to the top.

Quote: In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

7. Fear and Loathing in Vegas

An oddball journalist and his psychopathic lawyer travel to Las Vegas for a series of psychedelic escapades.

Quote: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

8. Drugstore Cowboy

A group of heroin addicts lead by Bob (Dillon) rob drugstores to continue their addictions.

Quote: I was once a shameless full-time dope fiend.

9. Blow

A high-velocity look at George Jung's (Depp) spectacular rise and fall -- based on the true story of how powder cocaine turned into America's biggest drug problem.

Quote: Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.

10. Spun

A crystal-meth addict struggles to get his next fix as he obsesses over a recent breakup in Spun

Quote: Spoof. Dope. Crank. Creep. Bomb. Spank. ****. Bang. Zip. Tweak. Chard. Call it what you will. It's all methamphetamine. That's what I'm here for.

I hope you guys enjoyed my post. If you want to ream more movie articles you can visit my website moviemass.org

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Nice list. Spun is probably one Mickey Rourke will want to forget, it's terrible.
Yeah, Spun was horrible and I didn't like Blow. The rest of the movies are good.

One movie that rarely gets mentioned on this subject is SWEET NOTHINGS, which starred Michael Imperioli as a business executive who loses everything when he becomes addicted to crack. Mira Sorvino plays his girlfriend.