Favourite Harry Potter Movie?

→ in
Tools    

Which is your favourite Harry Potter film?
10.42%
5 votes
Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone (Sorceror's Stone if you're an American)
2.08%
1 votes
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets
39.58%
19 votes
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
6.25%
3 votes
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
2.08%
1 votes
Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix
6.25%
3 votes
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
10.42%
5 votes
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1
10.42%
5 votes
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2
12.50%
6 votes
I didn't like any of them
48 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I remember PoA being my favourite book and it translated to film really well.

Although I can barely remember the Harry Potter movies aside from 1, 2 and 3. I remember OotP being crap.

I didn't watch these until an ex trapped me at home for a weekend of movie marathons. I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised. POA and Goblet of fire were probably the two most balanced movies in the series

toss up between POA and Chamber of Secrets

The last two were excellent movies but lacked some of the charm.

Goblet of Fire is a piece of **** it cut key parts out of the movie like the WEASLEYS GOING TO THE DURSLEYS HOUSE!!!

A system of cells interlinked
HPB is definitely up near the top for me, but Cuaron sort of set the standard for tone when he shifted gears on POA after the first two films. The fact that POA might be the best book also helps a ton. Really though, I like everything from POA on forward almost evenly, with the caveat that I count the final two films as one film. If forced to split those two up, DH Part I drops a few notches in rating.

If I had to rank:

Prisoner of Azkaban
Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows 1 & 2
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets

POA, it's not even close. The flying bird sequence is what sealed the deal for me.

HPB is definitely up near the top for me, but Cuaron sort of set the standard for tone when he shifted gears on POA after the first two films. The fact that POA might be the best book also helps a ton. Really though, I like everything from POA on forward almost evenly, with the caveat that I count the final two films as one film. If forced to split those two up, DH Part I drops a few notches in rating.

If I had to rank:

Prisoner of Azkaban
Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows 1 & 2
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
The cinematography of POA is fantastic, I agree, arguably the best in the series. It is truly top notch. The atmosphere is also great. I just feel as if the plot in this film is the weakest in the series - or maybe not even the plot itself, but the way Cuaron conveyed it. While shot beautifully, often, when I think in my head what film in the series I want to rewatch, POA is seldom one of them, and I'm pretty sure that's because of the way the plot carries itself in the film.

As for your listing, that's pretty much exactly how 90 % of people would rank them, lol. I do agree mostly, though, but I'd put POA ("everyone's" favorite) lower, and COS ("everyone's" least favorite) higher.

Why Azkaban is the best of them all:
Yep, haha, I'm linked to this video whenever I try to say POA is not the best film in the series.

This might just do nobody any good.
PoA has a
WARNING: spoilers below
secret blow-job
and is probably the most cinematically fulfilling entry. I like Goblet of Fire a lot too. I like the sensibilities it took with representing that particular time the kid's development. Deathly Hollows 2 is also a very good meditative blockbuster.

This is a great question op.

I would need to say two films, as growing up in the Harry Potter generation It started with The Goblet of Fire, but maturing and looking at movies with a critical eye I'm more inclined to say The Prisoner of Azkaban took a lot of risks that mostly paid off.

As for your listing, that's pretty much exactly how 90 % of people would rank them, lol. I do agree mostly, though, but I'd put POA ("everyone's" favorite) lower, and COS ("everyone's" least favorite) higher.
HBP is my least favorite.

Best moment of the entire series is in DH 1 though, when Harry and Hermione dance. Honestly always felt that entry was pretty underrated.

I was so saddened when Rowling said she regretted putting Ron and Hermione together, and felt she should have put Harry and Hermione together. I absolutely love the platonic quality of Harry and Hermione's relationship, it's one of my fave things about the series.

I was so saddened when Rowling said she regretted putting Ron and Hermione together, and felt she should have put Harry and Hermione together. I absolutely love the platonic quality of Harry and Hermione's relationship, it's one of my fave things about the series.
Personally I was more hoping Hermione and Ginny might get it together actually

This might just do nobody any good.
I wished they had let Cuaron direct H-BP. I think he would have been better equipped at choosing which parts to cut out and what to emphasize.

Personally I was more hoping Hermione and Ginny might get it together actually
Luna > Ginny