Adam Sandler: opinions? why do so many people think he's no longer funny?

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Nobody thought Thats my Boy was funny? I thought Sandler and Samberg were funny as hell together.

I know its not an amazingly new kind of comedy but the premise and story i thought were hilarious. maybe im the only one.
I thought the movie was a whole nother' level of unfunny. It used such cheap disgusting gags to evoke laughs from the audience. Sandler's voice was painful to listen to, and the jokes were neither clever or original. I like Andy Samberg and even he couldn't save this mess.

I do enjoy to an extent some of Sandler's films, most notably Click and Punch Drunk Love. Both are good movies. I even enjoy some of his 90's comedies like The Waterboy,Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison. I can't remember the last time he made a decent movie though so i think he's no longer funny.Or maybe he's just too lazy to make something good.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
I mostly agree with you, i grew up watching his 90's comedies and i will always like them and click was the only post 90's movie that i liked.

Everything else he has churned out have been terrible, maybe due to him getting older or trying unsuccessfully to retool his old gags or jokes.

BUT imo Thats my boy hit its mark and i think they did it well, it was funny and the cast worked well together..not a comedy of the year or even decade but i thought it was fresh air for Sandlers stalling career

Waterboy was the last comedy I really enjoyed him in, however punch drunk love is one of my favorite performances. and Freddy got fingered made me laugh guiltily at times

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I think Adam Sandler just doesn't have that funny spark that he used to. His character got overplayed, and that killed him for most people. I think he should try doing more dramatic roles like in Punch-Drunk Love and Reign Over Me, as he shows surprising depth and emotion when playing dramas.