Movies That Have Put You to Sleep

Tools    

I remember a few years back when I was in halls I was watching this bargain DVD in a mate's room. I will never remember the title but it was basically a rip off Grinch Who Stole Christmas, at least in design as the green creature thingy was nice. But a quarter way through I just couldn't keep my eyes open. It could just be that I was tired as sometimes when i'm watching a DVD, I will turn off the film as I start to drift off, even if it's a good film. I had to watch Mesrine again as the first time I was so knackered I couldn't handle it.

Recently, The Other Guys

moulon rouge and that one with the girl that absolutely loves abba i think its called muriels wedding

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I remember falling asleep in the cinema watching Matrix Revolutions I was working nights at the time and it started and there was talking and then I woke up to more talking and the damn thing had finished

Recently I fell asleep during The Clash of the Titans remake, it was the first time I was watching it and I was really into it...

WARNING: "Clash of the Titans" spoilers below
...and the part where the Cracken turns up I saw it up to where it is first released and swimming. You dont really get to see it...

...then the next thig I know its finished Luckily I had it on dvd this time round. Im sure there maybe more I'll have to have a word with the wife

I was so exited to watch Robin Hood movie but you know when I saw that movie I was so bored and that have put me to sleep...

Jeepers Creepers

So agree with you, imho kubricks worst film, I couldnt sit through it
On it's face it's pretty dull...but the movie is so GLORIOUSLY iconic....so many tidbits from it have become staples of modern cinema.

Also, in my mind, the concept was too ahead of it's time, if it were to be redone today it might actually be something I'd pay to see.

Having been born in the 80s, and coming of age in the 90s, and seeing it for the first time in the 2000's, I couldn't get past the cheesiness of the effects. I'm not a CGI freak by any means (I prefer Planet of the Apes the original to the last one), but 2001: ASO could definitely have benefited from today's technology.

Oh...Inglorious Basterds put me to sleep....kind of sucks because I'm a huge Tarantino fan, and it literally felt like this was Tarantino's attempt to masturbate all over the audience's faces, only to see if they would still love him afterward.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Rendition is a movie that I had huge hopes for but yet had trouble staying awake during it. Not really that good of a movie, though.

Inglourious Basterds

a movie I watched during the day with a full night's sleep that made me catch a few Z's was Quantum of Solace, the most recent 007 installment. Boring boring boring, that flick was.

Lots and lots of movies have put me to sleep. It doesn't necessarily have to do with the quality of the movie though.

The last movie that put me to sleep because of poor quality was The Mummy.

Tarkovksy's an ******* in this regard, but his compositions are stunning, so it's not a big deal. Solaris is definitely one of his more exciting films. The parts that drag are the tracking shots over the Hunters in the Snow painting.
I thought stalker was more exciting than Solaris, go figure. Stalker as whole wasn't all that boring, whereas Solaris was until the ending, which was ..whoa!

Aw come on Tarkovsky has purpose for his pacing
agreed, but the pacing, in my opinion outweighed the purpose in some instances. the slow(detailed, maybe) progression of his story structure was well done, yes, as I can't honestly say any movie has put me to sleep, these came way close, and the visual masterpiece that was 2001: a space Odyssey was astounding

Inglourious Basterds
if you're talking about the 1978 one, sure, but if you're talking about the new one, I call bull ****.

I walked out of The Incredible Lightness of Being.

Also thought Away we Go was a snooze.

The Notebook - It's in my bottom 5 of all time. Just a terrible movie, 2 hours of my life I could have spent actually sleeping or watching a decent movie.

Oh and Blair Witch Project - NOTHING happens in that entire movie until the very end, it really wasn't worth keeping my eyes open - Clockwork Orange style!
A very overrated film which just got lucky at the box office.

A couple months ago my fiance (now my wife) made me watch Sex and the City 1 and 2. I probably would have fell asleep if I wasn't conteplating walking into the bathroom and tossing my belt over the shower curtain rod.

Truly awful. Worst 4 hours ever.

Wow you had to endure BOTH those movies.
I can say I am so happy none of my mates made me go see that film, because they know I would bitch and moan ALLLLLLLLL the way through.