The Most Suspensful Movie of All-Time

Tools    

Rear window is definitely at the top of my list..but also The Slender Thread with Sydney Poitier, it kept me glued to the screen from beginning to end!

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Not sure if it qualifies as the all-time most suspensful, but Training Day built it up pretty good. I love when a main character's situation just keeps getting worse and worse.

My Top two go too

John Carpenter’s The Thing which gives you that underpinning sense of doom throught out. The suspense is always lingering never to far away.

Wolfgang Petersen's Das Boot which I think has all to do with the claustraphobia of it all. Tight confindments, water crashing around, darkness and uncomfrotable feeling left with you after every encounter.

Anarchist within reason
Got to agree with The Thing

For me Alien is up there particularly when its just Ripley alone searching for Jonesy, when she's peering slowly round the corner in the ship corridor or when she's in the escape pod sat in the chair as the Alien slowly creeps out of the wall cavity.
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

jaws
dark knight
sunshine

A person is smart. People are dumb
I doubt many will agree with me, but honestly the last film to really have me on the edge of my seat was John Wayne's Stagecoach. The final chase scene was just so tense; by this point you know that someone is going to die, and you feel your heart race every time you thing the Duke's about to get it.

Silence of the Lambs , how could i forget Buffalo Bill,the notorious serial killer.