🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Correct! I had to look up Pilgrim of Eternity because I've never heard of it. It looks like Michael Forest plays Apollo in that as well. I guess even gods can't escape the wrath of old age.
Uncannily, that's actually part of the plot of that Star Trek Continues episode where Michael Forest reprises is Apollo role.

I'll throw out a Star Trek question. I'm not sure of the answer myself, though I have a rough idea. No googling it either

Question:
In some of the original episodes Captain Kirk encounters an old flame of his. How many past girlfriends did Kirk run into during the shows run?

*if you don't know the names of the episodes, just describe them some.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Mes, you said he played a disembodied head? Was he the leader of an ancient race of aliens that destroyed their planet with war but managed to save their consciousness in spheres...and later transfered their minds into the bodies of: Kirk, Spock and a Lt. played by Diana Muldaur? (I don't know the name of that episode, embarrassing but true!)
You're referring to the episode in the 2nd season called Return to Tomorrow. That wasn't it. But good guess.

I'll throw out a Star Trek question. I'm not sure of the answer myself, though I have a rough idea. No googling it either

Question:
In some of the original episodes Captain Kirk encounters an old flame of his. How many past girlfriends did Kirk run into during the shows run?

The only 2 I can think of offhand was Court Martial and Shorleave.

Question:

Just a related comment... all 3 of the main characters had "old flame" encounters during TOS, and so did Chekov and Nurse Chapel! (Sadly Scotty, Sulu, Uhura and Rand never ran into any old flames... as far as I remember.)

Just a related comment... all 3 of the main characters had "old flame" encounters during TOS, and so did Chekov and Nurse Chapel! (Sadly Scotty, Sulu, Uhura and Rand never ran into any old flames... as far as I remember.)
I don't think Mr. Spock thought of Miss Kalomi as an old flame. Unrequited love.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What episode was he in?

No. Think disembodied head.

By "disembodied head", I think you might mean a "floating head" that we saw on the viewscreen. There was Balok in "The Corbomite Maneuver", but that doesn't look anything like him. There's also Apollo in "Who Mourns for Adonais?", but that's not him either. We also see Abe Lincoln floating in "Savage Curtain", but we see all of Lincoln sitting in a chair, so that's not him either.

I was thinking about Trelane's parents in "The Squire of Gothos", but I don't think we see them. I think we only hear them. There are also a bunch of heads shown in "The Mark of Gideon", but they're shown in groups of people, so I doubt it would be one of those heads.

The only other one I can think of is the aliens who take Charlie away at the end of "Charlie X". I might be missing some other floating heads, but he might be the floating head in "Charlie X".

Mes, you said he played a disembodied head? Was he the leader of an ancient race of aliens that destroyed their planet with war but managed to save their consciousness in spheres...and later transfered their minds into the bodies of: Kirk, Spock and a Lt. played by Diana Muldaur? (I don't know the name of that episode, embarrassing but true!)

I don't think we ever saw Sargon in "Return to Tomorrow". I think we only heard his voice.

I don't think we ever saw Sargon in "Return to Tomorrow". I think we only heard his voice.
Very true. I just thought that maybe Mes might have meant disembodied mind when he said disembodied head.

I'm stumped on this last one.

Question:

The only 2 I can think of offhand was Court Martial and Shorleave.

In addition to the lawyer in "Court Martial", (I can't remember her first name, but I think her last name was Shaw), and Ruth in "Shore Leave", I think Kirk and Janice Lester had a relationship prior to the episode "Turnabout Intruder".

Also, it wasn't in an episode, but Carol Marcus from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was another one of Kirk's old flames.

Scotty had a relationship with Mira Romaine in the episode "The Lights of Zetar", but I don't think she was an "old flame".

Very true. I just thought that maybe Mes might have meant disembodied mind when he said disembodied head.

I'm stumped on this last one.

I never even thought about a "disembodied mind" because I thought the idea of the question is to recognize the actor in the picture. I immediately thought of a floating head because Star Trek TOS rarely, (if ever), showed an actual head without the person's body.

In addition to the lawyer in "Court Martial", (I can't remember her first name, but I think her last name was Shaw), and Ruth in "Shore Leave", I think Kirk and Janice Lester had a relationship prior to the episode "Turnabout Intruder".
Very good, (and very good to Mes too). I'm not sure, but I think the total number in the original series was three old flames. Though I'm going to think about it some more.

Also, it wasn't in an episode, but Carol Marcus from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was another one of Kirk's old flames.
Carol Marcus seemed like a good match for Kirk, but Ruth on the other hand looked more like a foo foo model type...Kirk usually seemed to like them smart and career orientated. Then again Ruth was created from his memories of her, so maybe he dolled her up some in his mind

I never even thought about a "disembodied mind" because I thought the idea of the question is to recognize the actor in the picture. I immediately thought of a floating head because Star Trek TOS rarely, (if ever), showed an actual head without the person's body.
Just goes to show how wacky my line of thinking can be!

Very good, (and very good to Mes too). I'm not sure, but I think the total number in the original series was three old flames. Though I'm going to think about it some more.

Carol Marcus seemed like a good match for Kirk, but Ruth on the other hand looked more like a foo foo model type...Kirk usually seemed to like them smart and career orientated. Then again Ruth was created from his memories of her, so maybe he dolled her up some in his mind

While Carol Marcus was probably the best match for Kirk, it never would have worked because their careers kept them apart. Kirk needed someone who could be with him on the Enterprise, but was also smart enough to keep up with him intellectually.