Best Ending to a Movie This Year (2015)

→ in
Tools    

Which film this year had the best ending for you guys? It doesn't necessarily have to be one of the best films overall this year. I'm just purely talking ending. For me, even though I thought the film was okay, Furious 7 undoubtedly had the best ending. The last scene was beautifully shot and probably had the biggest emotional impact which sets it apart from the others. I grew up watching Paul Walker in the Fast franchise. Fast Five is still my favorite and Furious 7 was such a disappointment. But that ending made up for everything. What are your guys thoughts?

in my opinion, The Gift ending is astounding and it's easily my favorite from 2015

The Martian ending is awesome as well

Top 3 endings of 2015 so far:
1. Victoria
2. Hidden
3. Focus

Worst ending for good movie so far: "Mission: Impossible- Rogue Nation".

Worst ending for bad movie: "Ex Machina".

i agree Martian

Sicario definitely is my second to best endings of the year. I think what made the ending to The Martian great was the payoff. Everything that Damon's character went through in that film and then to finally see him back with his crew was satisfying and was well-captured by Ridley Scott.

What was so great about the ending to The Martian?
Agreed. It was way too drawn out. It revisits every character for no reason.

• Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

is the best ending movie of 2015

Top 3 endings of 2015 so far:
1. Victoria
2. Hidden
3. Focus

Worst ending for good movie so far: "Mission: Impossible- Rogue Nation".

Worst ending for bad movie: "Ex Machina".

3. Focus
i love this movie

Welcome to the human race...
Sicario definitely is my second to best endings of the year. I think what made the ending to The Martian great was the payoff. Everything that Damon's character went through in that film and then to finally see him back with his crew was satisfying and was well-captured by Ridley Scott.
I personally never really got that feeling when I watched it. Every event in the movie just made me think "okay, that was a thing that happened" and the entire climax/resolution was no different in that regard.

Agreed. It was way too drawn out. It revisits every character for no reason.
Yeah, considering how paper-thin the characters tended to be it was hard for a "where are they now" kind of montage to really have any effect.

Also, I kind of want to nominate Youth for another best ending and I'll also try Tugg's categories:

Worst ending for a good movie: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (just like its predecessor, it just ran out of steam)
Worst ending for a bad movie: Entourage (wish fulfillment as indecisive satire is the worst of all worlds)
Best ending for a bad movie: Cop Car (even though the film wasn't that bad, the third act really was most of what I liked about it)

Alright, I guess I'll be the one who does the joke.

Jurassic World, because that meant it was over.

Welcome to the human race...
Alright, I guess I'll be the one who does the joke.

Jurassic World, because that meant it was over.

+rep for not going with low-hanging fruit like Fant4stic or Fifty Shades.

Sicario. Intense and perfectly shot. Loved the use of various different cameras and effects.

Bone Tomahawk had an excellent ending, too.

Liked the tribute to Paul Walker at the end of Furious 7, I'll go with that.