80s or 90s martial arts movie with a samurai like villain

Tools    

Hi

Looking for a movie please.

I remember some weird looking villain that looks like a samurai or Yoshimitsu from Tekken (mask with evil smile, horns, etc.)

He uses some triangle-like (?) smoke bombs to dissapear. And he laughs.

I think there is a scene where he fights someone on a roof.

Please help.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Not much info to go on as that could be for any number of movies in that genre. Two that pop out to me are Revenge of the Ninja and Sakura Killers. What other info do you recall about the movie? Was it recent or from quite a few years ago ie the 80s/90s? Was it a mostly eastern cast? Was it black and white or colour?
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

I thought it was "American Ninja 2" and I just watched it but it wasn't it. I am almost certain that it's an American movie.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw a trailer for Revenge of the Ninja and it looks like it might me the one.

But I am not 100% sure thanks for your reply, nevertheless.

It's really hard for me to remember other details. I was just a kid when i saw it. As I said: The masked villain probably had a pyramid shaped thing that he threw on the ground. It created a smoke effect and then he vanished. Not sure if he laughed or not.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I thought it was "American Ninja 2" and I just watched it but it wasn't it. I am almost certain that it's an American movie.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw a trailer for Revenge of the Ninja and it looks like it might me the one.

But I am not 100% sure thanks for your reply, nevertheless.

It's really hard for me to remember other details. I was just a kid when i saw it. As I said: The masked villain probably had a pyramid shaped thing that he threw on the ground. It created a smoke effect and then he vanished. Not sure if he laughed or not.
Those triangular smoke bombs sound familiar. KINDA reminds me of Kung-Pow! Enter the Fist lol

Other stuff from that time frame that MIGHT be in the neighborhood: Ninja III: The Domination, Gymkata, the television series, The Master.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear