Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

I need a new theme. I love Gyllenhaal and all, but Christmas is over. THEME ME!!!

I need a new theme. I love Gyllenhaal and all, but Christmas is over. THEME ME!!!
OK oops sorry not hit me what about New Year Theme

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, I'm not sure if people are too excited about this right now, but Caity is busy so I think that makes it my turn. I will go ahead and start a theme of Favorite Firsts. These would be things such as the first film of a certain star, director, producer, writer, studio, genre, technical accomplishment, etc. They could also be the first film of what turned out to be a series. Try to keep your choice something verifiable as truly a first. I suppose you can choose a movie which was the first one that involved something personal for you, although I'm not sure if that makes the topic too broad and open to interpretation. Don't sweat it though. Just pick something to participate if you wish.

The Adventures of Prince Achmed - The first animated feature film which still survives today.

I am half agony, half hope.
I'll use Terrence Malick's first film, Badlands.

Johann von Goethe

Happy New Year from Philly!
I chose Louise Vale the first woman to play Jane Eyre in the movies. It was a silent film made in 1915.

Other Jane Eyres include Mabel Balin .
The most famous Jane was Joan Fontaine
Susannah York played opposite George C. Scott.
Charlotte Gainsbourg one of the most recent Janes until this year when
Mia Wasikowska the fine young actress will reprise the role.

This is just a handle full of the women who have played Jane. It doesn't include Janes from foreign films or television.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.

Since I am about to work on writing a script, I decided to go with the first screenplay credit to writer Lawrence Kasdan The Empire Strikes Back.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
wow!!! mark, you are awesome as always!!! love this week's theme!!

Mary Pickford..... first Million Maker in Hollywood and First Studio Boss...

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
I'm going with first Pixar film, for now.

Could not figure out what to use. Finally decided on the first Godfather.