Another Mass Shooting In Texas

Tools    

This morning, in a Baptist church, Sutherland Springs, Texas, a lone gunman killed about half the congregation, 20 to 24 people that were praying during morning church service.
Another 20 + got wounded.
All still under investigation.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
It seems like half the country is hoping the shooter has NOTHING in common with them..... Depending on skin pigment, it's either a problem for 1.6 billion or for one dead guy with mental illness.

It seems like half the country is hoping the shooter has NOTHING in common with them..... Depending on skin pigment, it's either a problem for 1.6 billion or for one dead guy with mental illness.
My hunch is the shooter is a loner type, white guy coping the Vegas shooting.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
My guess is, and I won't get a trophy for this, these copycat murders will spiral out of control.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
My guess is, and I won't get a trophy for this, these copycat murders will spiral out of control.
Haven't they already.

Nothing will change. Nothing.

Fast forward to 2037 this will still be happening.

Go Murica!

This one is very perplexing. Narrow definition of a hate crime: targeting s specific social group - church goers, but the crime is white on white and kids were murdered, too.
The shooter, Devin Kelley ( if you change the last letter of first name, is it a coincidence? )
has a background of religious school work but also had likes on atheism on Facebook..
Playing devil's advocate?
Dishonorable discharge from Air Force in 2014, might have some thing to do with all of this.

Photo of the mass murderer:

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's like in other countries people just commit suicide, in America they have the added option for a "Rampagicide" through easy availability of deadly weapons.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I laughed at that more than I should have

Haven't they already.

Go Murica!

What?

Haven't they already.

Go Murica!
We were talking about the same thing. Here's a link (containing several other links) to a two-year-old article on the subject: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ters-copycats/

May God have mercy on those who have died and may he comfort those suffering from their lose.
This atheist shares your compassion.

Does anyone know of a local victim fund or anything that could use a donation?

I remember thinking the same thing when the FBI decided to publish the Unabomber's "manifesto". I seem to recall it did help them catch that guy, but all I could think at the time was of what a (potential) shot in the arm they'd given to the next generation of nut jobs.

We were talking about the same thing. Here's a link (containing several other links) to a two-year-old article on the subject: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ters-copycats/
I have such mixed feelings on this subject.

On one hand, no one wants to inspire more killers, no one wants to feel that because they named names or simply reported on or talked about what happened now makes them somehow responsible for the next massacre.

On the other hand, not talking about it, not reporting what's happening, going out of our way to ignore it in fear of creating copy cats feels like capitulation and caving in to fear... (the very thing our world leaders are always advising us NOT to do, they tell us not to let our way of life or our behaviors be changed by terrorists, but altering the way we communicate and disseminate information IS changing our behaviors out of fear).

We aren't the killers, so why do we have to change the way we report, and write, and what we can discuss, the way we transmit news or how we go about relaying information because of whoever the most recent nut job is? Why should we be made to feel responsible for the next attack or be forced to stifle ourselves and our media out of fear?

It's a very mixed bag.