Yesterday Was My Birthday

Tools    

I got a bunch of birthday wishes yesterday, but not here.
Never tried to win a popularity contest, but would have thought that some one here might notice and appreciate.
Does not send a good message.
Hate to think my time here is wasted.
After all I do choose to spend some of it here, other than elsewhere.
Just saying.
Who knows, maybe one needs to post a thousand times before being eligible.
I do post here, more for you, then for me, even with controversial threads, that I hope make you think.
If my efforts become generally ignored, there really would be no point in my posting.
And no, my butt is not hurt!

Do you even have birthday notifications set up?

Well happy birthday! It was Halloween think that's an excuse for people not realizing and that's if you even have notifications on.

You have "Hide Age and Date of Birth" set in your profile, dude.
I see. My bad. I did not choose to hide it. It's the option that first appears and I did not bother to read the whole thing through, when editing profile.
I thought admins could see it any way. so I guess you could have wished me one but I know you are a busy guy. I won't hold it against you

Admins can see it if they go to look at the profile in the control panel, but not on the home page, or even on the public profile itself. So in order to even notice, I'd have to actually search for users by their birthday every morning. And even then, I'd only be doing this for people who have it hidden in their profile, on the off chance they did that by accident, in which case the considerate thing would be to message them directly to ask if it was deliberate, for each user, every day.

So...not really feasible.

I thought your birthday was on Friday?
Why Friday? Oh I see. I just clicked on it.
That's not cool Jason, equating me with some one you consider a nut.
Never mind that I considered him strange, as well, when you brought it up.

I think the fact that "strange" is the most you can muster is a modest piece of evidence in it's own right, but hey, whatever.

It's always win-win from my perspective. If the person sneaking back actually modifies their behavior enough that we can't prove that it's them, that means they must be suppressing the antisocial behavior (in this case, lying incessantly) that got them banned in the first place. So either way, the antisocial behavior is removed from the forum.

Admins can see it if they go to look at the profile in the control panel, but not on the home page, or even on the public profile itself. So in order to even notice, I'd have to actually search for users by their birthday every morning. And even then, I'd only be doing this for people who have it hidden in their profile, on the off chance they did that by accident, in which case the considerate thing would be to message them directly to ask if it was deliberate, for each user, every day.

So...not really feasible.
Yes, I got it. I corrected it in my profile, so now every one can see.
My apologies. Just gave myself a silly slap.

yoda what about those hitmen Cinemaafficionado sent after you? Did you fight them off?

yoda what about those hitmen Cinemaafficionado sent after you? Did you fight them off?
Still alive, somehow. But obviously I had to change my name and move to another town. Just in case.

There were actually some private death threats, too, via email. They were roundly mocked as insecure, impotent bluster, and have been proven as such by my persistent not-dead-ness.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Happy bday in advance for next year! That way I am off the hook for when I forget to look at a site feature that I never look at. I didn't even know it was MY birthday, when it came around. So there's that.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I think the fact that "strange" is the most you can muster is a modest piece of evidence in it's own right, but hey, whatever.

It's always win-win from my perspective. If the person sneaking back actually modifies their behavior enough that we can't prove that it's them, that means they must be suppressing the antisocial behavior (in this case, lying incessantly) that got them banned in the first place. So either way, the antisocial behavior is removed from the forum.
Just to clarify, I do see your point, but I am not here to persecute any one.
The only reason I am somewhat familiar with the person in question, is that it was brought up to me in a PM, so I browsed through a related thread and yes I found it strange.
I would really need to do some extensive research before coming to some damning conclusion and frankly I don't see the need.
As far as I am concerned , I will do my best to stay within the rules and guidelines of this forum and conduct myself with dignity.
I will treat others as I want to be treated and hope to be able to be appreciated for meaningful contribution.
I would hope that we all have a need for some meaningful and shared dialogue, even when we don't agree with each other's ideologies.