Think Tank

Tools    

I forget , what is the lowest I.Q. allowed for a Mensa group? Is there a written rule? Anyway on an average day my I.Q. hovers around 148, but let me get a couple of shots in me and BAM! - Skyys the limit.
IQ's fall into certain categories. It is agreed that 130 up to 145 is considered gifted.
There are different tests for Mensa, which usually accepts members who have a 98% + on their test.
On a Stanford Binet 5, you need to score 130 minimum.
DAS and Reynolds require a minimum 132.
Army GTC requires 136.
Cattel has the highest requirement, which is 148.

According to IQ founder and psychologist Dr. William Stern, these are some IQ categories:

90 to 109 - Average ( can complete high school and college with difficulty )
110 to 119 - High Average ( Most College Graduates )
120 to 129 Superior ( typical for Doctoral Degree )
130 to 145 Gifted { capable of understanding highly complex material )
145 to 159 Genius ( exceptional intellectual ability )
160 to 175 Extraordinary Genius ( exceptional talent and ability such as Albert Einstein }

It's interesting to note that there is a number of other scales were created to adjust to fluctuating general population curbs.

They almost all agree that 130 or higher is very superior with exception of Terman SB Revision
which puts the no. at 140 for very superior and Levine and Marks, which sets it at 150 { which is unrealistic }

I would stick with the Stanford Binet 5th Edition, which is very clear and precise and pretty much corroborates Dr. Stern's range, with a slightly different terminology:
90 - 109 Average
110 - 119 High Average
120 - 129 Superior
130 - 144 Gifted ( Very Advanced )
145 - 160 Very Gifted ( Highly Advanced )

This is clearly a compulsive-obsessive answer to a very simple question.
My wife is starting to throw ash trays at me!

I
My wife is starting to throw ash trays at me!

Duck to the left,. it is the least most curation to anger.

Duck to the left,. it is the least most curation to anger.
Unlucky me. I lean towards the right.
Don't worry, I've barricaded myself with dawn pillows. All that's missing is my hard drive.

I was grounded for a month afterwards! No wonder i don't drink now, it was awful stuff, the foam on top of it looked dirty, god only knows what my dad was up to!
Are you saying, this don't look yummy

The sight of this brings back memories, we had the soup ladle scooping it out from under the foam, ahhhhh to be 16 again!

The sight of this brings back memories, we had the soup ladle scooping it out from under the foam, ahhhhh to be 16 again!
ohh...that means you drank the beer flat (as in not carbonated).

ohh...that means you drank the beer flat (as in not carbonated).
Maybe that's why it tasted like vinegar!