Elder Bush Accused Of Touching From Wheel Chair

Tools    

Bush first called it an "attempt at humour" with no mention of the touching then when another woman came forward he admitted to touching her where he absolutely shouldn't have without permission. That's two separate women he's done it to and there's likely more, not to mention the dirty joke making the whole thing seedy not playful.

I don't think he should be drawn and quartered, an apology is enough but to say these women are "infinitely worse" than the dude who fondled them for daring to speak out is laughable.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
As far as I'm concerned what the woman is doing to him by going public and trying to make it sound like he committed sexual assault on her is infinitely worse than what he did.
You're missing the whole point of all of this.

Bush first called it an "attempt at humour" with no mention of the touching then when another woman came forward he admitted to touching her where he absolutely shouldn't have without permission. That's two separate women he's done it to and there's likely more, not to mention the dirty joke making the whole thing seedy not playful.

I don't think he should be drawn and quartered, an apology is enough but to say these women are "infinitely worse" than the dude who fondled them for daring to speak out is laughable.
Let's keep some perspective on this. It doesn't sound like he groped her, just patted her bottom. My opinion is based on that understanding of the situation. He's a ninety year old man who patted her bottom, you know, like NFL players do to each other every Sunday of football season. I didn't say he should have done it, or that she wouldn't have been in her right at the time to turn around and say "Mr. President, with all due respect, don't touch me like that." Instead she waits four years and makes it sound like he assaulted her. But I know you, Camo, and you're going to keep at this, but that's my opinion as someone who never cared for Bush the president.

Oh, please fill me in on what point I'm missing.
You're kidding, right.

I'd sure like to know what Bush's joke was? I wonder if he patted the girls bottom and then said to her, 'Your an ass-ist to the country'.
Must have been hilarious in his own lunch time.

You're kidding, right.
Apparently I am, if I thought you would be able to make some sort of coherent statement. I glanced over every comment you made in this thread and there's not a single meaningful thing about Bush and this situation in any of them, which I'm sure not one person on this forum would be surprised by.

I won't keep at this. I know and like you too Kaplan, and usually agree with you. Just don't think it was unreasonable of her to bring attention to this, particularly when it turned out it happened more than once. And i don't think women should have to assume the best intentions of men in these types of situations, something creepy happened to her and i think she had a right to voice this. I get your problem with the timing but it's not easy for abuse victims to come forward, and i do completely believe she believes she was abused regarless of the severity of the situation. With all the Weinstein revelations bringing light to women who have suffered abuse from powerful men she may have felt empowered and that it was her duty to bring it up in case Bush was regularly doing this sort of thing, turns out he had on at least one other occasion to one other woman. Only good came out of this situation IMO, Bush did something wrong he was called on it and apologized and i imagine he won't do that sort of thing again now.

I don't think Bush was setting out to sexually assualt her, i think some of the stuff you brought up probably did play a part in this. But whatever the intentions what he did was wrong and hopefully that'll be it.

Apparently I am, if I thought you would be able to make some sort of coherent statement. I glanced over every comment you made in this thread and there's not a single meaningful thing about Bush and this situation in any of them, which I'm sure not one person on this forum would be surprised by.
That's nice. I hope it improves your mood to read over all my posts in a thread. Have a serenity now day.

LOL. Awkward phrasing when Des says he wants his wife calm when he returns from a walk, but it does sound like he has a good marriage. Kudos to both of them.

if patting a woman's bottom is Bush's big crime here, then let's keep things in perspective, and leave the poor guy alone. As far as I'm concerned what the woman is doing to him by going public and trying to make it sound like he committed sexual assault on her is infinitely worse than what he did.
Why don’t we let the woman involved make her own case rather than you do it for her?

I don't think he should be drawn and quartered
Disembowelled, maybe?

Let's keep some perspective on this. It doesn't sound like he groped her, just patted her bottom.
No woman wants to be touched any time, anywhere without her permission. Get it now?

LOL. Awkward phrasing when Des says he wants his wife calm when he returns from a walk, but it does sound like he has a good marriage. Kudos to both of them.
No woman wants to be touched any time, anywhere without her permission. Get it now?
Thanks, but I don't know if awkward phrasing would be my choice to describe it.
Simply put, rather than choose to escalate a verbal conflict with a loved one, I choose to walk away and give her time and space to cool off, although I have to say sometimes that even pisses her off more.
Ahhh.... Women, love them or leave them, this world would be a sad and boring place without them.

I get that no woman wants to be touched, any time, any where and I respect that as a gentleman.
This should certainly apply to men, as well.

and people keep wondering why sooo many rape victims don't ever say sh*t...
That’s right. Thousands & thousands, I would guess.

if i had, would i be seen as "infinitely worse" than him, for claiming sexual assault and possibly ruining his career?
Yes. Lovely, isnt it. To the abusers we're all just a sirloin steak ready to go on the grill because they simply cannot keep it in their pants.

I think the most important part of that story is that it happened in full view of others. The idea that these men can't control themselves is disturbing, but more disturbing is the idea that some of them do it because they don't fear reprisal from it.

Society will always contain awful people who do awful things, and no amount of awareness or policy will eliminate that. But when people do things because they feel they can simply get away with it, that means the culture itself is part of the problem.