Elder Bush Accused Of Touching From Wheel Chair

Tools    

A lot of elderly people make very inappropriate comments and grab. It's not up for debate with me I have worked around it and had family who has worked around it for more years than I am going to waste my time adding up. What Bush did is completely in the norm from what I have been around.
The thing is YOU DON'T KNOW what he did, neither do I, but I give him the benefit of doubt.
He was in front of a bunch of people, getting photographed, when she said it happened.
What? You think he grabbed her butt? If he touched her arm to get her attention, there is nothing inappropriate about that.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
You think he grabbed her butt? If he touched her arm to get her attention, there is nothing inappropriate about that.
Do you read? She said he didnt grab her hand. Deary me.

The thing is YOU DON'T KNOW what he did, neither do I, but I give him the benefit of doubt.
He was in front of a bunch of people, getting photographed, when she said it happened.
What? You think he grabbed her butt? If he touched her arm to get her attention, there is nothing inappropriate about that.
I know what she said and I know he apologized for it. I know you stated old men don't care about sex which is not true. I know you then preceded to be all over the place with your post pretty much saying I need to find evidence of a 90 year old man being put in jail for rape to prove Bush has the ability to tell a dirty joke and grab a women's butt.

From your profile, I assumed you are American.

This is a very famous photograph taken by the great Scottish photographer Harry Benson.

I live in America. Ages 11 to 16.

It would take more work, IMO, to leave one’s partner than to work on ways to improve one’s sex life.
I am American, of Italian descent. Ethnicity was a big thing in my neighborhood and still is.
I believe I've seen that photo. I think Hillary was in her 30's. Good looking woman, in good shape.
To me it never made sense to stay with some one just because it's more complicated not to. Life is too short. Might as well enjoy it, instead of being blinded by inertia.
If I was not married and happy, I would definitely be alone rather than be with someone just to be with someone.
My wife supports every thing I do, as I support her. I have her trust and I give her space.
I don't need to check in or ask permission, neither does she.
We enjoy out time together and share a number of common interests but some times I do things that don't interest her and she does things that don't interest me.
So, I'll do my thing and she'll do hers. No problem.
Sometimes we fight. Never physical. Most of the time, I'll tell her I'm going for a walk and when I come back I want her calm. She is very passionate about things but that's what I like about her, even when we disagree.
Is it a formula for success. I doubt it. It's not the same for everybody.
You can be in ten different relationships and they are all unique.
If there is a lesson, it's that we are very content sharing of our lives together and that encompasses the physical, intellectual and emotional.
I consider myself a lucky guy and I know she considers herself a lucky girl.
I don't see it happening, but if it ever ends, for whatever reason, I will always appreciate the good times we had together.

I know what she said and I know he apologized for it. I know you stated old men don't care about sex which is not true. I know you then preceded to be all over the place with your post pretty much saying I need to find evidence of a 90 year old man being put in jail for rape to prove Bush has the ability to tell a dirty joke and grab a women's butt.
What? Bush never said that he grabbed her butt. Don't make stuff up! Just read what he apologized for. Debate 101, you flunk!
Also, don't distort what I said. I was clearly talking about sexual offenders and their convictions.
The ability to tell a dirty joke or grab a butt, certainly does not imply that he did that.
It's she said, he said with a whole bunch of witnesses that NEVER SAW A THING!
Old people may think about sex but doing is a whole different thing, especially when it's not consensual.

What? Bush never said that he grabbed her butt. Don't make stuff up! Just read what he apologized for. Debate 101, you flunk!
Also, don't distort what I said. I was clearly talking about sexual offenders and their convictions.
The ability to tell a dirty joke or grab a butt, certainly does not imply that he did that.
It's she said, he said with a whole bunch of witnesses that NEVER SAW A THING!
Old people may think about sex but doing is a whole different thing, especially when it's not consensual.
Don't apologize for something you didn't do is common sense 101. Making inappropriate comments is far from having sex.

I am honestly not sure that this incident is all that it is being made to be but your defense of it is not good.

Don't apologize for something you didn't do is common sense 101. Making inappropriate comments is far from having sex.

I am honestly not sure that this incident is all that it is being made to be but your defense of it is not good.
Ok, how is this? You ever stop to think that perhaps Bush does not want controversy at this stage in his life, so he apologized for something that someone deemed inappropriate. That's like " nolo contendere " not " I'm sorry, I'm guilty ".
Ok, use your common sense. Do you really believe Bush sr., of all people ( former head of CIA ), not just any former president, is going to grab ass, with his wife standing besides him, and 20 people all around him, as he is being photographed???? He was not that senile.
I've watched him in an interview a few years a go, where he was phenomenally lucid for a man his age. That's why I give him benefit of doubt.
The most I'll concede is that he might have tried to touch her arm to get her attention and his hand slipped and brushed against her thigh.
Please send me a link where she states exactly where he touched her and exactly what he said. I have not seen it.
All I've seen is a vague comment about touching and telling a dirty joke. But she did mention the exact time and place and that just does not jive!
If it was true, she could use that film footage as proof to sue. Until she does that, I think she is lying and using the current climate to grand stand and bring attention to herself.
Way different from Weinstein and Cosby, the real sex offenders.

I'm exhausted. Yosemite Sam, the tin y guy, always has that affect.

Ok, how is this? You ever stop to think that perhaps Bush does not want controversy at this stage in his life, so he apologized for something that someone deemed inappropriate. That's like " nolo contendere " not " I'm sorry, I'm guilty ".

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
All I know is that I can't sleep because bulls are making sweet, stanky bull sex with each other. Yeah. Bull. Sans cow. Common sense says two bulls can't procreate and should not be attracted to each other, yet here I am listening to a symphony of bull moaning worse that an alley full of cats in heat.

I'll tell her I'm going for a walk and when I come back I want her calm

Ok, use your common sense. Do you really believe Bush sr., of all people ( former head of CIA ), not just any former president, is going to grab ass, with his wife standing besides him, and 20 people all around him, as he is being photographed???? He was not that senile.
I've watched him in an interview a few years a go, where he was phenomenally lucid for a man his age. That's why I give him benefit of doubt.
Bush has admitted it:

Former President George H.W. Bush has acknowledged touching multiple women inappropriately in what his spokesman called "patt[ing] women's rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner."

He admitted it after a second woman came forward:

Shortly after, New York actress Jordana Grolnick told Deadspin that the former president groped her during a photo op in August 2016 backstage at a Maine theater.

Thanks for the source. This definitely changes my stand on this issue.
I did say that if multiple sources come forward or this happened on multiple occasions,
I would be inclined to believe it.
I am very disappointed in Bush Sr. and condemn his actions.
It is not appropriate to tap a woman's butt, without her consent.

Your gut sense was right and mine was wrong, now that new facts have emerged.
It turns out that my defense sucked ( it still might have swayed some juries )
There is a right and a wrong. I don't think I would choose to represent a client that I knew was wrong. He may be entitled to a defense , but not by me.
Forgive my misplaced zeal.

Your gut sense was right and mine was wrong, now that new facts have emerged.
It turns out that my defense sucked ( it still might have swayed some juries )
There is a right and a wrong. I don't think I would choose to represent a client that I knew was wrong. He may be entitled to a defense , but not by me.
Forgive my misplaced zeal.
Very big of you to post that. I totally get wanting to defend people you have come to respect I do the same. It is a shame we are all so filthy.

Barbara probably should have more forcefully told him not to do that years ago, but if patting a woman's bottom is Bush's big crime here, then let's keep things in perspective, and leave the poor guy alone. As far as I'm concerned what the woman is doing to him by going public and trying to make it sound like he committed sexual assault on her is infinitely worse than what he did.