If You Could Change an Ending...

Tools    

Inglorious Basterds... I'd have killed off Brad Pitt's character and I'd have done something much better with Christopher Waltz's character.
Ooh! nice one.

I wouldev' changed the ending of Perfum:Story of a murderer.
spoiler alert! - he succeeds in what he wanted to achieve all along the movie,once acieved he kills himself...see the movie to know how
It goes deeper than this explanation but each time I watch it I think about that ending,its too bad.Its probably he same ending as in the book.

ow I forgot an important one!

War Of The Worlds (2005)

I wouldev made it into a huge clash humans vs extra terrestrials at the ending,and everything ending up in the earth blowing up...or something radical...instead of the everything is alright-ending...

I don't like that ending either.. it just didn't make sense..

I hated the ending of Shutter Island, it has become so damn cliche these days.. The entire movie I was hoping the ending shouldn't be what i thought it would be.. and it turns out exactly that way.
Otherwise, Shutter Island is well directed..
Shutter Island was based off a book, so it was kind of stuck with that ending.

Welcome to the human race...
Shutter Island was based off a book, so it was kind of stuck with that ending.
Not really, endings can be changed in adaptation e.g. Fight Club.

More endings...

WARNING: "Escape From New York/Escape From LA" spoilers below
The whole "fake countdown" idea from EFLA, along with the doomsday device MacGuffin, would probably have made EFNY a bit more interesting. EFLA had good ideas grafted onto an otherwise bad movie.

WARNING: "Heathers" spoilers below
I think I prefer the original ending where the school blows up and the cast ends up in a surreal Heaven epilogue.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I would of changed the ending of A Perfect Getaway, I really enjoyed the film but the end should of been different IMO

WARNING: "A Perfect Getaway" spoilers below
I would of let Cliff and Cydney get away with it, When Cydney was in the helicopter she should of let the police kill Nick and then while the helicopter went off to land, Cliff could of got rid of Gina. I think that would of been a better ending than Cliff dying and then we dont know what really happens to Cydney.

The one that pops out immediately is Troy. I would change which side wins the war

Of course, I realize that means straying from The Iliad, which the movie is based on...but still. On the other hand, it was the movie that painted Troy as a utopia while the Greeks were largely devious states. If memory serves me, it was a much 'grayer' issue in The Iliad.

The new "Day the Earth Stood Still". Any ending would be better than the megabore they used.

Star Trek Nemesis....Data? Really? Freakin Data? Bah!!!

Welcome to the human race...
scarface , he kills more people and doesn't SPOILER die
Great way to hide the spoiler, dude.

Also...

WARNING: "Return of the Jedi" spoilers below
While I liked the ending as is, I reckon actually going ahead with killing off Han Solo and/or destroying the Millennium Falcon would've been interesting.

WARNING: "Choke" spoilers below
They really should've kept the book's ending for this one.

There are movies out there we hate the endings to, for whatever reason we are unhappy, could have been to sudden, cliche, or maybe just bad.

What movie endings would you change and what would you do?
I'd change The Eclipse (2009) just to make it longer – I really feel like the film needed a bit more time to end properly.

Also Take Shelter. No idea what I would do differently but the ending didn't feel right to me.

SeeingisBeleiving, whats up with resurrecting all these old threads?
Well, I thought they were interesting subjects and I think, in the main, they haven't been covered since. I try to be sensible about it and not just do it for the sake of it.

This a subject I could probably go on for pages and pages about, but off the top of my head:

No Country for Old Men - Anton Chigur just gets to walk away with no consequences of his actions? Seriously

Nightcrawler - Anyone who read my recent review of this film knows I hate the way Louis Bloom is presented as a success at the end of the film...he has two company vehicles and four employees? After everything we witnessed prior to him getting to this point was just wrong on all kinds of levels to me.

It's Complicated - This movie, which was basically about a romantic triangle, ended with the apex of the triangle picking the wrong guy IMO.

The Purple Rose of Cairo - I get emotional just thinking about the end of this movie...it's a total heartbreaker and Celia is so undeserving of what happens to her at the end of this movie.

Arthur (2011) - The remake really bothered me with Arthur's decision to go to rehab and get sober...one of the primary points of the 1981 original was that Linda loved Arthur just the way he was and she never asked him to stop drinking. Not to mention the fact that Russell Brand's Arthur quits drinking for Naomi (Greta Gerwig). Sobriety only works if the alcoholic is doing it for himself and not for someone else.

A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) - I think the whole meaning of the story is changed when Stella packs up the baby and leaves Stanley. I prefer the original ending where Blanche is committed because no one believes her story about what Stanley did to her.

Dog Day Afternoon - I know it's wrong, but I really wanted Sonny (Al Pacino) and Sal (John Cazale) to get away somehow though that would have been unrealistic.

SeeingisBeleiving, whats up with resurrecting all these old threads?
It's better than the same threads being created over and over when there's existing ones so i think it is fine. As long as it's not bumping a thread just to say "yeah the godfather is great" or something without adding anything.

It's better than the same threads being created over and over when there's existing ones so i think it is fine. As long as it's not bumping a thread just to say "yeah the godfather is great" or something without adding anything.
Yeah, precisely. The Godfather is great anyway .

Nightcrawler
The ending was probably the best part. Sure it was wrong but that was kind of the point, no sort of 'Bloom gets what's coming to him' ending would've fit the movie at all and i'd argue it stirred the exact sort of emotions in you that it was trying to.

A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) - I think the whole meaning of the story is changed when Stella packs up the baby and leaves Stanley. I prefer the original ending where Blanche is committed because no one believes her story about what Stanley did to her.
Love this film and i don't think it was a bad ending but i agree that would have been better.

The ending was probably the best part. Sure it was wrong but that was kind of the point, no sort of 'Bloom gets what's coming to him' ending would've fit the movie at all and i'd argue it stirred the exact sort of emotions in you that it was trying to.

Love this film and i don't think it was a bad ending but i agree that would have been better.
We'll have to agree to disagree regarding Nightcrawler, Camo.