Greta Garbo

Tools    

Thoughts, opinions, reviews?

For my film class I have to impersonate her and be interviewed. I'd like the in site from the MoFo family before I do my real in depth research (full bio, films, video, body language, quotes, ect...).

Semper Fooey
Say, "I Vant to be alone."

&feature=related

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Normally, she was always very serious and occasionally spoke in almost a monotone, but there are parts of Queen Christina, Grand Hotel and Ninotchka where she gets to laugh! She usually was decked out quite a bit in nice clothes too. I'm not sure it's possible to impersonate her, but I'd study these. I'll get back soon. When do you have to do all this?

&feature=related

&feature=related

Some people think she had Asperger's Syndrome and there's all kinds of lesbian rumors surrounding her.

I like this tribute video of her for the wildly hilarious, sexy song that plays during it.

Semper Fooey
Normally, she was always very serious and occasionally spoke in almost a monotone, but there are parts of Queen Christina, Grand Hotel and Ninotchka where she gets to laugh! She usually was decked out quite a bit in nice clothes too. I'm not sure it's possible to impersonate her
Actually, with that distinctive voice, it would be easier to imitate her than many others.

Semper Fooey
I agree, but for a class presentation that gets you half way there. Probably would be enough to impress the teacher who wouldn't be expecting an Oscar worthy performance.

I'm fascinated. I don't think I've seen any of her movies. What's a good one to start with?

Semper Fooey
Most of them are pretty good. But some of the more romantic ones might be a little dated. I like Grand Hotel which has an all star cast so she isn't the sole star and Ninotchka the best. Grand Hotel is the one where she actually says she wants to be alone, which seemd to sum up her actual persona.

Ninotchka doesn't intrigue me from that video and I'm not in the mood for a Grand Hotel. I don't mind outdated romantic movies. Which outdated romantic movie does Greta Garbo look her most fabulous? And does she always talk like she does in Ninotchka? Yikes.

Semper Fooey
Ninotchka doesn't intrigue me from that video and I'm not in the mood for a Grand Hotel. I don't mind outdated romantic movies. Which outdated romantic movie does Greta Garbo look her most fabulous? And does she always talk like she does in Ninotchka? Yikes.
She was getting close to forty in Ninotchka. She lightens up as the movie progresses. She was basically parodying herself there.

But she wasn't always so serious. See how happy she is getting some lesbo action?

&feature=related

We need women like her to host talk shows, not Ellen DeGeneres.

My fave Garbo film is certainly Queen Christina where she basically plays the queen as a crossdresser and spends a night sharing a bedroom with a guy who thinks she's another guy but he starts getting some "feelings" for her/him.
&feature=related
&feature=related

DARN IT! You have to click both of them on Watch on YouTube in the center of the screen when it shows up.

DARN IT! You have to click both of them on Watch on YouTube in the center of the screen when it shows up.
I clicked. I watched.

She's not appealing to me much anymore. There's something very masculine about her. She must have been a lesbian. Why does she seem Russian or something to me? Was she Russian? I think I would get tired of watching her. I'm sure she's an intriguing woman biography-wise, but I dunno about sitting through her films.

You'd be missing out then. She was Swedish, and Queen Christina was also Swedish but forced to become the ruler as a child. I didn't show you her "feminine" stuff because I wasn't sure that's what you wanted, although it's difficult to find that stuff from YouTube for Queen Christina. Her more-feminine roles are in Flesh and the Devil, Mata Hari, Grand Hotel, Anna Karenina, Conquest and Camille.

I didn't show you her "feminine" stuff because I wasn't sure that's what you wanted
Just because I like my men to be ultra masculine doesn't mean my ladies need to be, too. Quite the opposite.