I Don't Like Jesse Eisenberg

Tools    

I always find him unlikeable in his movies, I find him to be very annoying and off putting ,he ruins good movies for me because of his presence.

He comes off like a pretentious hipster douche the way he looks and talks is just so annoying. He always looks extremely cocky like he thinks he's better and more important than others. He's one of those nerds that look down upon jocks and others because he thinks he's so cool.

He's acting sucks. He always plays the same annoying douche bag that we are supposed to care about.

He absolutely sucked as Lex Luthor one of the worst performances I have ever seen.

Welcome to the human race...
At least tell us you've seen more than the first fifteen minutes of one movie.

This might just do nobody any good.
He's an odd one, but he's impressed me in Social Network, Night Moves and The Double.

btw, Rob Schneider sucks.

I've seen all his major movies.

I don't really like any of them because he ruins them for me.

He was bearable in American Ultra it was an ok movie a fun premise with fun action and good supporting actors but the major drawback from me is that I didn't care about the main characters.

30 Minutes or Less was a good fun movie but mainly because of Danny McBride.

I saw an hour of Inherent Vice not 15 minutes nearly the whole f*cking movie.

A worthless smart ass comment made to bait me.

This thread just gave me an idea for a short film:
Jesse Eisenberg / Justin Bieber: DEATH MATCH!

Justin Bieber is actually a bit better than Jesse Eisenberg, because at least it's fun to make fun of Bieber and Justin Bieber has given us 2 great clips where he get's beaten up and shot.

I saw an hour of Inherent Vice not 15 minutes nearly the whole f*cking movie.

A worthless smart ass comment made to bait me.
It's two-and-a-half hours long, so an hour isn't even halfway through, let alone "nearly the whole f*cking movie". Besides, you can't talk about worthless attempts at baiting users when you started a thread asking "is PTA overrated" without even finishing one of his movies.

Back on topic, I do find Eisenberg hit-and-miss, if only because he has a limited range and it depends on whether or not the movie in question uses him effectively. My favourite work of his might be The End of the Tour, though admittedly he spends much of the time pulling a great double-act with Jason Segel rather than standing out on his own.

It's two-and-a-half hours long, so an hour isn't even halfway through, let alone "nearly the whole f*cking movie". Besides, you can't talk about worthless attempts at baiting users when you started a thread asking "is PTA overrated" without even finishing one of his movies.

My point of the thread was to question others who have seen more of his work whether he is overrated or not and what they like about him.

I did not mean to label him and bait others.

I was miss understood.

Whatever an hour is long enough to know whether or not you should keep watching. Lol I wasn't going to sit through it another hour and a half.

Back on topic, I do find Eisenberg hit-and-miss, if only because he has a limited range and it depends on whether or not the movie in question uses him effectively. My favourite work of his might be The End of the Tour, though admittedly he spends much of the time pulling a great double-act with Jason Segel rather than standing out on his own.

I liked seeing Jason Segel doing something different but I lost interesting in it around the middle mark not my type of movie.

I always find him unlikeable in his movies, I find him to be very annoying and off putting ,he ruins good movies for me because of his presence.

He comes off like a pretentious hipster douche the way he looks and talks is just so annoying. He always looks extremely cocky like he thinks he's better and more important than others. He's one of those nerds that look down upon jocks and others because he thinks he's so cool.

He's acting sucks. He always plays the same annoying douche bag that we are supposed to care about.

He absolutely sucked as Lex Luthor one of the worst performances I have ever seen.
I haven't seen him as Lex Luthor but I really enjoyed him in Zombieland, and I think in Adventureland as well.

He's good in Social Network, Night Moves and Zombieland. He's alright in Adventureland; i don't like that film though. And he is meh in 30 Minutes Or Less. That's all i've seen him in, good actor but for me he suffers a bit from his performances always feeling very similar, not seen much range yet.

Agree, doesn't feel like there's a ton of range: his worst roles are the ones where he's tried to branch out. But when he stays in his lane he's very good.

I'd have to agree with shagz. I used to think Eisenberg was decent as "Roger Dodger" is a film where he seemed to fit perfect. However, over the course of several years, he has become grating and comes off very arrogant, passive aggressive and almost bullish. Judging from interviews I've seen, it seems like his "sharp wit" is that of a former nerd hell bent on exacting revenge from years of middle school torment. Not a good look for real life stuff. Plus, he has zero range. Good for him, though. He's rich and in demand.

Legend in my own mind
I agree that he is very limited in roles that he excels in.

But in those roles he does excel.

Seems like a nice chap.

I've only seen him in Zombieland. I liked the movie and I don't know what his performances are usually like but I kind of felt like he was doing his best Michael Cera impression in that.

Eisenberg always reminds me of Cera because they are both slightly dorky dudes who are around the same age and they are both pretty dunno.. quiet/timid. Eisenberg is alot better than Cera though, don't think Cera will ever be as good as Eisenberg in Social Network and Night Moves. And i'm a big fan of Cera in Arrested Development.