When you were a kid, what scene scared you?

Tools    

Thank God, someone on this board who is close to my age. As for scenes that scared me as a kid, the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz terrified me as did most of the 1963 film The Birds...especially the scene in the attic.
I'm 51. When I was a kid it seems they'd bring the Disney films back around to the theaters every so often.
I certainly didn't see Snow White when it came out in 1937. But I remember my mom taking me to see Pinocchio, Dumbo, Peter Pan and a bunch of others, over at the "Turnpike Cinema" which was a combo indoor / outdoor movie theater (now there's a bunch of condos where the indoor movie theater and Drive-In once stood).

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Yeah, the flying monkeys - hell, the moment they step into the Haunted Forest I was petrified.

Quite a few scenes in Psycho scared me as a kid too.

THIS guy from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

And, of course, NOW I think he's awesome - go figure

When you were real little, was there a scene from a normal movie that scared you?
That's a good question. I'd have to think about it a bit.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
The school bus scene in A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 scared the living crap out of me.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Horrifying scene.... I love this movie though

There's a terrible Simpsons episode called Large Marge: in it Marge gets a boob job. It kind of blows my mind that that was a reference and not just the obvious title.

I've never seen Pee-Wee anything so that's the first time i've ever seen that.

I was never scared of that, not even at a very young age. I actually found it hilarious mostly because of the way pennywise spoke "i'm pennywise the dancing clown, and you're Georgie" ,

Never had a fear of clowns so that may have played into it.

There's a terrible Simpsons episode called Large Marge: in it Marge gets a boob job. It kind of blows my mind that that was a reference and not just the obvious title.

I've never seen Pee-Wee anything so that's the first time i've ever seen that.
Ha, I think I remember that Simpsons episode. The Simpsons loves their references.

it has to be IT coming out of the sewer opening and the one in the toilets, i still get shills even right now when i remember, such a scary and eriee film.

I was never scared of that, not even at a very young age. I actually found it hilarious mostly because of the way pennywise spoke "i'm pennywise the dancing clown, and you're Georgie" ,

Never had a fear of clowns so that may have played into it.

haha he creeped me out!also because i knew georgi was gonna die.
also theres a scene where they as adults drive past him and he just waves..creepy as hell...the ending kinda ruined it for me though,he was scarier as a clown than the..spider?

that scene .......... one of my favorite childhood movies by the way.