POLL: The Greatest City For Music In The World

Tools    

What is the greatest city for music in the world?
35.00%
7 votes
London
0%
0 votes
Austin, Texas
10.00%
2 votes
Nashville
5.00%
1 votes
New York
5.00%
1 votes
Seattle
5.00%
1 votes
Los Angeles
0%
0 votes
Memphis
0%
0 votes
Berlin
0%
0 votes
Tokyo
0%
0 votes
Havana
40.00%
8 votes
OTHER - please describe
20 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Please hit "Other" if Liverpool is so influential. I was copying from a list of "cities for great music" on a travel website, I guess Liverpool doesnt get much traffic. I shouldve put it down anyway. My answer would stay as London though. I dont think Liverpool has been more influential overall.

now you've all had the British and Irish geography lesson. I think these small islands are beating the rest of the world in influence! seriously tho, we are a small island but our regions are perculiarly insular. I don't know if you realise that Liverpool is only 30 miles away from Manchester but the accents and the influences are completely different, you'd never mistake the two. They've both had massive influences on the UK and wider music scene - Liverpool had a thriving trade in records imported in the 30s, 40s and 50s by US soldiers and sailors from the US and the Caribbean who docked there, thus spreading American roots music - Blues, C&W, Rock n'Roll. There was Merseybeat and all the groups spawned from that sound in the 60s including The Beatles . Manchester had Oasis, Madchester, the Hacienda Club, New Order, The Smiths, the Stone Roses etc
Bristol was going for the the triphop sound of Massive Attack, Portishead, Tricky, and drum and bass sounds of Roni Size etc. There's also musical influences from immigrants from the West Indies just like in Liverpool. Of course London has produced loads of bands but it's the capital city so you'd expect that with capital cities always being a magnet for young people attracted by the bright lights and the more open minded atttitudes.

I said other - Manchester.