Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Perfect Blue (1997)

This is a good animated movie to watch if you're looking for something darker and not so kid-friendly. It's a psychological thriller that has often been compared to Black Swan, even by Darren Aronofsky. The girl is a pop star turned actress, rather than a ballet dancer, but the many similarities are obvious.

Dead Man's Shoes

The premise is great, though the actual execution is not so. Paddy Considine is intimidating in his role, the latter display of acting however is unconvincing, to say the least. The final scene is so bad, because of this single flaw.

The Defiant Ones

Natural chemistry is preserved over the journey, though overlong does spring to mind, which is normal as one can only hold attention to the same two people in one location for so long. Great movie nonetheless.

The Sacrifice

Almost makes destruction a thing of beauty. Visuals are the first priority, but story progression isn't non-existent ether.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Perfect Blue (1997)

This is a good animated movie to watch if you're looking for something darker and not so kid-friendly. It's a psychological thriller that has often been compared to Black Swan, even by Darren Aronofsky. The girl is a pop star turned actress, rather than a ballet dancer, but the many similarities are obvious.

I always thought of it being what would happen if Igmar Berman decided to direct an anime.

Hi Guys! This is my review and opinion about Frozen, if you guys could give it a look would be cool, even if you dont like it tell me plz, I am trying to evolve and I need your opinion, and if you like it, awesome
http://

Lord High Filmquisitor
Hi Guys! This is my review and opinion about Frozen, if you guys could give it a look would be cool, even if you dont like it tell me plz, I am trying to evolve and I need your opinion, and if you like it, awesome
It's not bad, I just think that you need to scale back the energy a bit. You talk really fast and gesticulate too much, meaning that it's hard to follow your actual review. Besides, when you do slow down, because you are so frequently hyped up, it makes you look as if you don't have all of your thoughts together. Slow down, relax, and take your reviews at a more laid back pace.

I hope that this helps.

It's a tough thing to try and pull off the over-hyped and fast-paced style that very few reviewers out there can master, so I would recommend you tried a more laid back style. This is too frustrating to watch. I feel like I totally miss all of what you say because you are just sounding so frustrated and confused. And your accent also makes it even more frustrating. I feel like I have to endure your review rather than enjoy it and actually try and get and understand the points you are making.

That's my honest opinion, but I'll defiantly say keep doing it! You just gotta find what works best for you!

Make a better place

All Good Things 2010

it's kind of a mix of thriller/drama/crime/mystery, a good one IMO, acting is great.

Absolute Power 1997 (re-watch)

as good as I remember it was the first time I watched it

You can never go wrong with Clint.

Escape From L.A. 1996 (re-watch)

I would have rated it 4.5 if not for some ridicules stunts and some below average graphics in few scenes.

I love this movie very much, I don't think it's for everybody though.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Big Hero 6 - 8/10

I just finished a full write-up of my thoughts on this film, so I'll try to keep this fairly brief. In a year of standout animated films, Big Hero 6 is one of the best and most memorable of the lot, tackling a lot of mature themes with deft enough precision that a child can understand them (which is no easy task to accomplish). It is rivettingly exciting, earnestly endearing and incredibly well presented as a whole. It might not be quite as good as The Lego Movie or The Book of Life, but it's up there (and a longer director's cut will probably take care of any lingering issues that I had with it in the first place).

Absolute Power 1997 (re-watch)

as good as I remember it was the first time I watched it

You can never go wrong with Clint.
Unless you let him talk about politics.

Welcome to the human race...

Escape From L.A. 1996 (re-watch)

I would have rated it 4.5 if not for some ridicules stunts and some below average graphics in few scenes.

I love this movie very much, I don't think it's for everybody though.
Ridiculous stunts and below-average graphics are all part of the fun.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, 1958
Dir: Richard Brooks

Saucy and seductive melodrama about the scandalous layers of lies that drown and asphyxiate the Pollitt family. Its image as the perfect, wealthy Southern family is deconstructed until we are unsure whether there’s genuine love between the members, or if it’s only greed and self-interest, or if it's love asphyxiated by greed and self-interest among other things (sexual frustration, mendacity and death). The dialogue is fervent and hypnotizing (with an A+ dialogue it's easy to forgive a barely existent plot) and the performances are passionate and spirited (Paul and Liz!). If it had to be summarized, the movie is like the constant booming thunder in the background which bursts open all secrets and lies: explosive.

8/10

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Come Blow Your Horn (1963)

Come Blow Your Horn is a comedy written by Neil Simon, but it isn't as good as some of his better known works. It stars Frank Sinatra as the womanizing older brother of his impressionistic younger brother, Buddy, played by Tony Bill, but Lee J. Cobb steals the movie as their father, and Molly Picon is wonderful as their mother.

This is a cute movie, but don't expect the genius of Neil Simon's other works.

Yellow Submarine (1968)

I watched Yellow Submarine many years ago, when I was a kid, and all I really remembered about it was very colorful animation, a strange story, and great music.

Some things never change. The animation is still very colorful, the story is still strange, and the music is still great. If you're a Beatles fan, it's worth watching just for the music, but as a movie, don't expect a great story. It's basically a fun fantasy adventure story with a surreal feel.

Over the Hedge (2006)

In short, I love Over the Hedge. The story is fun, the voice cast is great, especially Bruce Willis as RJ the raccoon, and Steve Carell as Hammy, a hyperactive squirrel, steals the movie.

This will definitely be on my animation list.

Hoodwinked! (2005)

Hoodwinked! is basically the story of Little Red Riding Hood, but told as a police investigation, rather than the normal fairy tale. It's funny, it's clever, and it's definitely worth watching. The only character that I didn't like was Boingo the bunny, but that could be because I don't like Andy Dick, who voiced the role.

I hope enough people watch this movie to give it a chance on the animation list because it's a very good movie.

Good Luck, Miss Wyckoff

great little hidden gem that looks at sexual repression as a product of societal pressures and expectations, and examines the social climate of 50s america but injecting an edge to it that could never have been used at the time. the direction is kind of boring but it's super low budget and i guess you could say it's trying to capture the mundaneness of society at the time. good movie.

It's not bad, I just think that you need to scale back the energy a bit. You talk really fast and gesticulate too much, meaning that it's hard to follow your actual review. Besides, when you do slow down, because you are so frequently hyped up, it makes you look as if you don't have all of your thoughts together. Slow down, relax, and take your reviews at a more laid back pace.

I hope that this helps.
Thank you for the advice I´ll try to make it in a more relax way next time...