Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Thanks Sean. That started to annoy me by 30 seconds! Double speak babble. It might be funny if only the one character does it and the movie makes him to look foolish for his self importance.

Thanks Sean. That started to annoy me by 30 seconds! Double speak babble. It might be funny if only the one character does it and the movie makes him to look foolish for his self importance.

Anybody else want to try? just for fun....and because I'm curious too as to what it would sound like.
The dialogue in this particular film is a lot like walking on a thin and unstable line of thoughts that just dwell in your mind as you walk along. Feeling the irresistible forcefield of all the worlds' philosophical questions and life perspectives without actually ever answering any of them in their correct fulfilling manner; Death. Life. Politics. War. It's all crammed up inside this hugely thought provoking piece of cinema that utilizes the power of the ever-evolving technology to actually surpass what we know, but still never pass the dialogue within its unquestionable companionship, as they are both as one singular piece, with their very own eternity of spaces. Spaces we can't explain rationally but all the same still think of as being intersting and weirdly appealing, and therefore we follow without a leader or a master and no strings to pull us over into their world. We can just stand there locked into the ground we are forever bound to, and simply stare...

(this was just for fun though cause I actually really like this movie so f y'all! haha But I can easily see why people dislike it and it does have problems but I liked it)

There are some good moments but it is just way too much, there is no relief. I don't think I know anyone that has that kind of attention span.

The dialogue in this particular film is lot like walking on a thin and unstable line of thoughts that just dwell in your mind as you walk along. Feeling the irresistible forcefield of all the worlds' philosophical questions and life perspectives without actually ever answering any of them in their correct fulfilling manner; Death. Life. Politics. War. It's all crammed up inside this hugely thought provoking piece of cinema that utilizes the power of the ever-evolving technology to actually surpass what we know, but still never pass the dialogue within its unquestionable companionship, as they are both as one singular piece, with their very own eternity of spaces. Spaces we can't explain rationally but all the same still think of as being intersting and weirdly appealing, and therefore we follow without a leader or a master and no strings to pull us over into their world. We can just stand there locked into the ground we are forever bound to, and simply stare...

(this was just for fun though cause I actually really like this movie so f y'all! haha But I can easily see why people dislike it and it does have problems but I liked it)
DAMN! Good job MM. That was very frustrating to read But that's what I asked for! You're a good writer to be able to duplicate that style...Yikes I can see why Cricket had such a reaction to the movie.

DAMN! Good job MM. That was very frustrating to read But that's what I asked for! You're a good writer to be able to duplicate that style...Yikes I can see why Cricket had such a reaction to the movie.
Thanks, and yeah I love to write and I'm a part-time movie critic so hopefully I should end up with something pretty descent, hehe... But usually it's all in danish when I do written pieces, I only wrote in english in connection to school assignments and stuff like that back then... And on the internet of course.

The Purge Anarchy

Like many have mentioned, quite a large step up from the first, Still has those silly moments, but a much better movie overall. Though I still feel like they could do more with the concept.

7/10

Master of My Domain

I liked that Mr.Bay, for once, tried to have an actual plot. Maybe if the movie succeeded Micheal Bay might have changed a bit and not make crap such as the Transformers series... because after the box office failure of the movie revealed in an interview he said that he didn't care about having a plot anymore.

Patch Adams (1998)

This is one of the movies that fell through the cracks for me.

Robin Williams is genuinely sweet and brilliant as a medical student who uses unconventional ways to improve the quality of life for terminally ill patients at the disapproval of his university dean.

The movie costars Philip Seymour Hoffman as a no-joke fellow student.

Watching both Williams and Hoffman sharing scenes in the same movie was eerie considering they were the highest profile celebrity deaths this year.

I liked the movie despite its flaws.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Interstellar, 2014
Dir: Christopher Nolan

Interstellar is a Christopher Nolan outer space sci-fi epic and it is exactly what you would expect from a Christopher Nolan outer space sci-fi epic.
This is a good thing. It is smart, unique, stimulating, packed with plot twists and further thought potential and, of course, masterful visuals, sounds and choreography (and Hans Zimmer magic of course) that make up the most exciting and stunning action sequences.
However, Nolan's writing, whilst extremely enjoyable and exciting, has never been on par with the visual/auditory. I felt like Intersellar tried to be simultaneously grand in scope yet closely personal, á la Lawrence of Arabia, but the latter did not reach the standards the movie probably wanted to meet. We got the grand in scope part for sure. Multiple panoramic shots of merely tiny fractions of the infinite universe are just some of the constant reminders of how majestic this universe (and this film) is. But when it comes come to the personal, emotional and psychological scopes of characters the movie tries to get there, and does reach certain lengths, but in the end it really doesn't fully reach it. A few moments were a bit unrealistic in the human area (which not even in sci-fi is good), the most emotional scenes weren't as touching as they had the potential to be, the speeches of human matters were a tad bit mellow, and paled in comparison to the much more beautiful and engaging action sequences. That unbalance was noticeable, especially when there were at least three characters whom the story tried to get close to in spite of the overall immensity (only one can be problematic).
So... Cinematography? Yes. Sound? Yes. Score? Yes. Action sequence choreography? Hell yes. Story? Maybe. But an optimistic maybe, depending on which dimension you look at (pun intended).

7.5/10

Zabriskie Point (1970)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

We Are The Millers (2013)

One of the most annoying comedies I've seen in a long time.

Conan The Barbarian (2011)

Lots of muscles, sweat and CGI, little plot, and most of the dialog was replaced with grunts - which wasn't unexpected. I suppose the arduous task of sitting through this mess was made worth while because I got the see Rachel Nichols's boobies.

So I watched L'auberge espagnole...

Actually, this movie has some serious flaws. Narratively, it feels like it could embrace a lot more in its runtime about the experience; some more variety, a lot more interaction among students... instead, it spends too much time and effort in the love affair with a married woman. And as a little romantic story this can be fine, but as the celebration of the Erasmus lifestyle L'auberge espagnole is aiming to be, this is a huge burden. Because leaving that and some annoying tendency to deviate every topic and subplot to sex and intercourse, it turns out that this movie is accurate. The whole scheme of the process and many little instances are exactly, point by point, the damn same thing I experienced three years ago. Feeling lost and disoriented during the first days in a new city, going through what one could only describe as a progressive state of euphoria, making friends, partying and accumulating experiences, and then, the sudden end, the confusion when it's over, walking on the street at late night after your last party and suddenly feeling overwhelmed, sad and nostalgic; and being back home where everything seems strange and at the same time gray and boring. This movie captured all of this incredibly well, to the point I was projecting myself onto the screen in a way that very few films have managed to achieve. I think people who haven't had this life experience won't be able to enjoy this as much as I have. It is nothing more or less than a goofy comedy about youth, not a particularly well-written, acted or filmed movie, but it's one that resonates emotionally on me.