Any fans of Naoko Yamada

Tools    

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
I've really enjoyed A Silent Voice and the first season of K-On! I also couldn't find a thread about her so I was wondering if anyone else likes her work as a director.

Naoko Yamada is a genius. K-On! remains the gold standard of the genre of Cute Girls Doing Cute Things while A Silent Voice is astonishingly powerful. Both are adapted from manga that I read and her adaptations were both substantially superior to the original material.

Overall, I would think she is one of the foremost directors that debuted in this century and a great example of a female director in this male dominated field.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Naoko Yamada is a genius. K-On! remains the gold standard of the genre of Cute Girls Doing Cute Things while A Silent Voice is astonishingly powerful. Both are adapted from manga that I read and her adaptations were both substantially superior to the original material.

Overall, I would think she is one of the foremost directors that debuted in this century and a great example of a female director in this male dominated field.
Agreed, Yamada is a genius, for sure. It didn't even surprise me to find out that Shinkai had such great things to say about A Silent Voice.

I liked "A Silent Voice". Its a favorite of my daughter's so I gave it a chance. I really like the story

For Xmas she's getting the dvd of "The Red Turtle". .