Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Miami Vice -

well damn guess I gotta give Public Enemies and Blackhat second chances now

Hello. Everyone I am Louie. Guys the last movie I watched was Avenger End Game. It was so amazing but in the end the last time which makes me feel bad was that Iron man died.
Hi Louie, and welcome aboard. You may want to familiarize yourself with the spoiler button - it's the little red exclamation point in the menu above the posting box.

You may want to familiarize yourself with the spoiler button - it's the little red exclamation point in the menu above the posting box.
I’m here 2-1/2 years. I never knew this.

Rambo: Last Blood (2019)

This last adventure of Bryan Mills John Rambo feels pointless. The previous film had a fitting end already and Stallone is too old for this now. The script is quite weak and it just doesn't feel like Rambo. Action is kinda OK but everything is shown as a montage (probably because Sly can't make proper action sequences anymore). A huge plus for the attitude and sheer brutality though (like one full popcorn).

--

Dark Light (2019)

A B-horror that reminds me of Signs with a little Aliens mixed in. The story is stupid and pacing way off. It looks better than average B-horror but writing ruins it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Kalushi: The Story of Solomon Mahlangu (Mandla Dube, 2016)
6/10
Bees in Paradise (Val Guest, 1944)
+ 5/10
This One's for the Ladies (Gene Graham,2018)
- 5.5/10
Iron Fists and Kung Fu Kicks (Serge Ou, 2019)
+ 6.5/10

Scene from Bruce Lee's The Chinese Connection is featured in this fast-paced history of Hong Kong kung fu flicks.
The Purple Gang (Frank McDonald, 1959)
+ 5/10
The First Temptation of Christ (Rodrigo Van Der Put, 2019)
+ 6/10
A Dog's Best Friend (Edward L. Cahn, 1959)
5/10
Low Tide (Kevin McMullin, 2019)
6/10

Jaeden Martell, Keean Johnson, Alex Neustaedter and Daniel Zolghadr are buddies who get into trouble one summer at the Jersey Shore.
A Charlie Brown Christmas (Bill Melendez), 1965)
- 8/10
Never Ever (Benoît Jacquot, 2016)
5/10
Poet's Pub (Frederick Wilson, 1949)
6/10
Who Killed Captain Alex? (Nabwana I.G.G, 2010)
4/10 Camp Rating

Maybe the greatest Ugandan home movie ever made (just ask the director).
Dead Kids (Mikhail Red, 2019)
- 5.5/10
Expedition Amelia (Chad Cohen 2019)
6.5/10
Git! (Ellis Kadison, 1965)
5/10
Downton Abbey (Michael Engler, 2019)
+ 6.5/10

Basic opinion of many characters here, but it ends happily ever after.
Wish Man (Theo Davies, 2019)
+ 6/10
Game Over AKA 36.15 code Père Noël (René Manzor, 1989)
6/10
In the Family (Patrick Wang, 2010)
6.5/10
Marriage Story (Noah Baumbach 2019)
7/10

A marriage can be so full of natural love and hateful recriminations that it is all enveloping, especially if a child is involved. The same thing can be sad for the film immediately above it, In the Family, except that there the partners aren't married.

It gave me similar vibes to Lilya 4-ever and Show Me Love. I loved it.
Just the mention of those two movies has me rushing out to try and find this movie. Thanks.
Hehe, every time I hear anyone else mention them I shoot up in my seat too.

I’m here 2-1/2 years. I never knew this.
I'm surprised — I thought you'd been here at least as long as me if not longer.

Hostiles (2017)

Good cast including Christian Bale in the lead to go along with Wes Studi, Ben Foster, and more. The horrifying opening sequence sets the tone for the rest of this brooding film. It looks good and is well made. Not quite a contender for my westerns list but it wasn't far off.

Queen and Slim (2019)

Woah... Even when I feel like I know what's going to happen, it still shocks me. Daniel Kaluuya is becoming my favorite actor rapidly, and this film is exceptional. I wanted to turn right back around in the theater and watch it a second time immediately. Very good capture of today's societal tone

Marriage Story (2019)

+

The only thing is that I was hoping for a masterpiece and a new favorite and it didn't quite reach that. Driver, Johansson, and Dern were all outstanding and there are great moments. It's a movie that can cause the right viewer some self-reflection. There are some things that I would have preferred done differently in order to achieve a more emotionally devastating experience. My wife (who liked the movie about the same as me) and I felt that this was a couple who
WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
weren't meant to be together and never should have been married in the first place. To me, that makes the story less tragic. I would have preferred a couple who were truly meant for one another but had issues anyway. On the other hand my wife felt that it was realistic pointing out that that's the reason so many couples do get divorced. Another thing is that I thought it would have been even more relatable if the couple weren't in show business. They at least didn't play big stars so it wasn't a huge deal. The biggest fault for my wife and I was the fact that he cheated on her. This creates a simple issue and party to point to and blame. Without that it would have had to be much more complex I believe.

Le tout nouveau testament [The Brand New Testament] (Jaco Van Dormael, 2015)

Almost Biblical