Beautiful w/ Minnie Driver

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone heard anything about this movie? I personally haven't but my fiance won tickets to an advanced private showing at the Mann's Chinese Theater on this upcoming Thursday so I was curious as to what it was about.

Hi Wayne - welcome to MovieForums!

Here's the way the Internet Movie Database describes it:

"Sometimes you have to give up the life of your dreams, to discover the dream of your life... On her journey to become the next Miss American Miss, a young woman is forced to reevaluate her life's goal and, in the process, discovers what's really important and what it truly means to be... Beautiful."

Sounds to me like your typical drama/comedy. Congratulations to your fiance on her winnings - hope she enjoys the movie!

Thanks Chris.

I can try to get her to write a review. I might as well because I will be seeing it with her.

OK, Went and saw the movie last night. They closed down the sidewalk in front of the Chinese theater so we got the Red Carpet treatment and some nice food. It was sponsored by my Fiance's work (Farmer's Insurance) to premiere their new commercial.

The movie was good. Most would classify it as a "Chick Flick" but I enjoyed it.

I don't want to give away too much here.

It starts off with a young girl whose only dream is to become Miss American Miss. Her entire life is spent on this goal. While growing up she meets her best friend Ruby (Joey Lauren Adams: Big Daddy, Chasing Amy). The two of them grow up together and spend their lives together. While on the beauty pagaent trail Mona (Minnie Driver) can think of nothing else, she is pretty self-centered and doesn't care about anyone but her goals.

As the movie progresses she finds out that the important things in life aren't beauty and a crown but family and friends. It was well written and had a great cast. It is supposed to be released later this month and I would recommend it as a good movie for a date, especially if you guys want to score points with your girlfriends and spouses. The movie was funny and touching.

Sounds very good - just starting to see trailers for it in the theatres. I like Minnie Driver and Joey Lauren Adams - both very under-rated actresses...but I hate that "Pepsi" girl.